Surgical Technician Non-Certified (PT) - Alaska Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: January 12, 2021
Location: US-AK-AnchorageType: Part Time# of Openings:
1Category: Technician/Clinical UnlicensedSystem ID: 11808
OverviewSCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry,
strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health
systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical
facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities,
including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in
partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more
information on SCA, visit .Accountabilities / ResponsibilitiesWe
are currently recruiting for Surgical Technicians at our facility.
Our ideal candidate will be multitalented in all services we offer
or be willing to train to any services in which they are not
currently proficient. Candidate should understand the dynamics of a
surgery center in terms of scope, pace, and sharing of facility
responsibilities. The Surgical Technologist (ST) is responsible for
the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes,
and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the
Registered Nurse. The ST performs duties according to scope of
practice designated by the facility position description, role and
responsibilities and according to the surgical technologist
professional organization. Job Requirements:
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient's care under
the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise
and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the
- Ability to communicate well with patients, Teammates,
physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Clinical Quality:
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse
and according to facility policy and procedure.
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and
- Adheres to all policies and procedures when providing patient
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care needs in an
emergency situation and under direction of Clinical
- Initiates and implements basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(BCLS) under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered
- Demonstrates ability to meet patient's learning needs as
identified in the plan of care under the direction of the Clinical
- Orients the patient to the patient care environment and
facility routines as directed by Clinical Leader/Registered
- Assists the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse to implement the
teaching plan for the patient as directed.
- Assists the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse to provide
appropriate interventions related to patient and environmental
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated
skills identified for position.
- Completes competencies and competencies checklists for
education and training specific to job position, duties, role and
responsibilities and according to facility policy and
- Functions as a Surgical Technologist in the operating room/
procedure room under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical
- Assists with draping of patients.
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of
sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of
prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Utilizes time effectively.
- Follows established facility policies and procedures with
regard to attendance.
- Maintains attendance according to guidelines and policy
established by facility.
- Adheres to tardiness policy.
- Provides notification for unscheduled absences or tardiness in
accordance with established departmental procedures as noted by
- Requests scheduled time off according to procedure as noted by
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of
accurate and up to date information in accordance with established
- Adheres to established facility safety requirements and
procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates competent usage of proper body mechanics in all
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies
- Completes all employee/patient incident documentation in a
thorough and timely manner, as required by facility policy.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency
procedures for department and surgery center.
- Practices infection control and standard precautions as
instructed or trained.
- Assists with housekeeping tasks as necessary to provide a safe
environment for patients, teammates, physicians, guests.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by manager.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and clinical
- Attends 75% of unit based staff meetings and demonstrates
review of minutes for any meetings missed.
- Provides in-services as requested by management
- Participates in scheduled performance appraisals and
demonstrates dedication to ongoing performance improvement.
- Responsibly demonstrates the importance of continuing education
to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in
- Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task, role and
responsibilities at least on an annual basis.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Service Excellence:
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and
continuity of care. Protects all patient information according to
established standards of care, policies and procedures
- Financial Skill:
- Completes appropriate financial management
- Provides input re: equipment needs/supply needs.
- Completes patient charges in accordance with facility
- Demonstrates sound cost containment techniques.
- Participates in periodic inventory count as assigned by
- Proficiency or Productivity Standards ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Indoors in climate controlled environment. Patient care environment
with potential exposure to unpleasant odors, to blood and body
fluids which may carry infection, to infectious disease, and to
chemical and electrical hazards. Occasional exposure to outdoor
climate.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Good visual acuity, accurate color
vision. Ability to lift/transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds,
which may require pushing, pulling and essentially utilizing a full
range of body movement. Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel,
crouch and/or crawl. Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger
movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture,
size and shape. Ability to speak and hear.QualificationsThe ideal
candidate must possess a cooperative work attitude toward
co-employees, management, patients, visitors, and physicians. And
make decisions and solve problems independently as well as with
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Completion of surgical scrub technician course
- Operating room experience
- Strong ethical and moral character references Preferred
- Two years previous operating room experience
- ASC experience
- ORT certification EEO StatementWe value Diversity, Inclusion,
and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace.
Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning
employment.#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs
#MedicalJobs #Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Anchorage , Surgical Technician Non-Certified (PT) - Alaska Surgery Center, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!