Right of Way & Permitting Agent
Company: ENSTAR Natural Gas Company, LLC
Posted on: September 15, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: This Right of Way and Permitting Agent performs
advanced level right-of-way and environmental activities and
services to provide required property interests and environmental
permitting for the construction and maintenance of all ENSTAR,
Alaska Pipeline Company (APC) and Cook Inlet Natural Gas Storage
(CINGSA) facilities, along with ROW services associated with
Norstar business activities. The Right of Way and Permitting Agent
serves as liaison between ENSTAR personnel, contractors and local
government and agency officials in fulfilling duties and advises
others on right-of-way, environmental, and regulatory policies,
practices, and procedures.
- Participate in the negotiation settlements, make
recommendations for alternative action.
- Participate in negotiations for easement acquisitions, leases
from BLM, native corporations, Alaska Railroad, etc.
- Prepare acquisition and disposition documents such as
environmental permit and lease applications, special land use
permits, agreements, right-of-way permits and easements.
- Meet and negotiate with property owners/agency representatives
to acquire property or authorizations and explain the purpose of
the project, the necessity to acquire the property, permit, or
authorization, and answer any questions the owner/agency
representative may have.
- Perform and plan work including establishing survey controls,
interpreting various grid coordinate systems, computing property
boundary information to describe land parcels, directing drafting
technicians in preparation of maps and plats.
- Perform permitting or reporting related to Federal, State, or
local regulatory requirements.
- Verify the ownership of property and prepare easement
description for various projects.
- Investigate complaints from other utilities or parties
regarding property matters.
- Plan and direct the acquisition of property interest required
for distribution, substation and transmission projects.
- Maintain easement records, permits, leases and other ENSTAR,
APC and CINGSA property interests.
- Provide information to requesting parties relative to ENSTAR,
APC and CINGSA right-of-way policies or easement holdings.
- Support Right of Way Manager in developing and implementing
departmental policies and procedures consistent with ENSTAR's goals
- Review work schedule priorities and determines type of
personnel, skills, and equipment required to perform the job
through to completion.
- Perform tasks as Business Development Liaison to investigate,
prepare proposals, and execute ROW service contracts to drive
potential revenue opportunities through Norstar.
- Travel to work sites as required. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or substantive real estate
or title research experience required.
- Five years' experience in government, public or commercial
acquisition of real property, surveying, title examination,
appraisal, negotiations, relocation, property management, right of
way land law, right of way engineering, Minimum of two years of
this experience should involve negotiating for acquisition of
easements or permits with utility or government agencies.
- Must possess an Alaska Driver's License and be qualified to
operate a vehicle under the conditions of the ENSTAR's Driving
- Ability to pass a background, past employment, drug, and
driving record screening. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively and
cooperatively with all levels of management, staff, counsel, and
the public; exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others
in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to read right of way plans, plats, and construction
plans to obtain property legal descriptions and determine need for
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate (in
written and oral form) with the public, contractors, governmental
agencies and representatives as well as work with other departments
and personnel to accomplish company objectives.
- Ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
- Must be detail oriented; have superior organizational and
follow-up skills and be able to establish and maintain accurate
- Ability to learn and understand ENSTAR's policies, procedures,
- Working knowledge of Municipality, State and Federal land use
regulations as it relates to the acquisition of land, right-of-way,
and environmental permits for utility use.
- Ability to read and write legal descriptions.
- Good working knowledge of various personal computer business
software applications presently used by ENSTAR.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, detect
unobvious facts and issues, and exercise resourcefulness in
- Ability to successfully negotiate the acquisition of easements
from private owners and to affect the acquisition permits from
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to temporary hires
providing support to the ROW department.
- Use of ArcGIS software for the development of maps and exhibits
for ROW instruments. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective
interactions and communications with co-workers, customers and
- Must maintain a safe environment for co-workers, customers and
the public through adherence to established safety standards and
timely reporting of potential hazards.
- Must adhere to ENSTAR's policies and procedures related to the
code of business ethics, compliance, responsible use of assets, and
all applicable state and federal laws.
4. Bending Over
7. Reaching Overhead
11. Pushing or pulling
13. Repetitive use of hands/arms
14. Repetitive use of legs
10lbs or less
11 to 25 lbs
26 to 50 lbs.
51 to 75 lbs
76 to 100 lbs
10lbs or less
11 to 25 lbs
26 to 60 lbs
51 to 75 lbs
76 to 100lbs
18. Eye/hand coordination
19. Fine Manipulation
1. Close vision (clear at 20 "or less)
2. Distance vision (clear at 20' or more)
3. Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
4 Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up
and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given
5. Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge
distances and spatial relationships)
6. Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an
object into sharp focus)
7. No special vision requirements
1. Thinking analytically
Using effective verbal communication
Using effective written communication
3. Handling stress & emotions
4. Concentrating on tasks
5. Discriminating colors
6. Remember details
7. Making decisions
8. Adjusting to changes
9. Examining/observing details
4. Unprotected Spaces
High Places/High Heights
Constricted Spaces (Underground)
5. Dirty (Soil)
7. Fumes, Gases, Odors, Dust
8. Grease, Oil, Mud
9. Moving Mechanical Parts
11. Hot Temperature (Devices )
13. Wet, Slippery Floors/Surfaces
14. Working w/others
15. Working alone
The statements contained in this job description are intended to
describe the general content and requirements for performance of
this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job
duties, responsibilities and requirements. Other duties may be
Keywords: ENSTAR Natural Gas Company, LLC, Anchorage , Right of Way & Permitting Agent, Sales , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!