Special Agent: Healthcare Services/Medical Background
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Posted on: May 25, 2023
*HOW TO APPLY*
*STEP 1:* Click on the "Apply" button to be directed to the FBIJobs Careers website.
*STEP 2:* Click the "Start" button to begin. You will be prompted to either Sign In to continue or to register with FBIJobs if you don't already have an account.
*STEP 3:* Follow the step-by-step process to submit your interest. You will be guided through each step. You must complete all sections of the form AND ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED to successfully submit your interest.
1. Your resume, specifically noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates.
2. Other supporting documents:
* College transcripts, if qualifying based on education, or if there is a positive education requirement.
* Veterans: DD 214; Disabled Veterans: DD 214, SF-15 and VA letter dated 1991 or later.
Please see instructions on the site for attaching documents.
Use your medical and public safety background to become an FBI Special Agent!
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique skills sets to their work and role every day. Special Agents come from many professional backgrounds including previous roles in medical fields such as nurses and therapists. We need Special Agents who are logical thinkers, those with prior scientific work experience and knowledge to aid in investigations of healthcare (medical, dental and vision) fraud and insurance and government program abuse and evidence collection.
As an FBI Special Agent, you can expect continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau's most complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector.
Pay level for this position:
* $78,000.00 - $153,000.00
Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
* Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
* Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
* Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
* Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
* Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
* Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
* Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
* Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
* Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
In addition, all Special Agent candidates must successfully complete the Special Agent Selection System (SASS), a mentally and physically challenging process designed to find only the most capable applicants. The selection process typically takes one year or more to complete.
* Be a U.S. citizen.
* Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
* Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
* Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
* Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
* Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving experience.
* Ability to quickly grasp details of cases requiring health and medical expertise and clearly communicate the impact to nonexpert colleagues and teams both internally and externally.
* Demonstrated health expertise and ability to respond calmly and effectively in crisis situations.
* Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or higher (preferably in a medical, health or public safety discipline) from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
*All degrees must be from an accredited college or university and must be verified by submitting college transcripts.*
As the federal agency whose mission is to ensure the fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans, the Department of Justice is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. To build and retain a workforce that reflects the diverse experiences and perspectives of the American people, we welcome applicants from the many communities, identities, races, ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities, religions, and cultures of the United States who share our commitment to public service.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $78,000.00 - $153,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* On call
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Anchorage, AK: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* Military: 1 year (Preferred)
* Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*HOW TO APPLY*
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Anchorage , Special Agent: Healthcare Services/Medical Background, Sales , Anchorage, Alaska
here to apply!