Global OEM Alliances Sales Director
Company: Canonical Group Ltd
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Large OEM or Independent Hardware Vendor (IHV) brands - Dell,
HPE, IBM, Lenovo, Ericsson, Cisco, Fujitsu and many more - are
major partners for Canonical. These companies often build
software-defined solutions which they take to market, and Ubuntu is
a key ingredient in cloud-native and edge or IoT solutions. More
and more of those solutions depend on open source. Canonical Ubuntu
is the best platform for rapid open source innovation.
The Global Lead OEM Alliances is responsible for IHV partner
success - we want them to thrive and grow their business with
Canonical software, solutions and services. This is a leadership
role, responsible for strategic IHV Alliances worldwide.
Reporting to the VP Global Alliances, our IHV Alliance Sales
Director will work closely with strategic partners across their
complex organizations to engage with their innovation teams and
ensure that they consider and integrate Ubuntu stacks and
solutions. For example, private clouds, container solutions, and
vertical solutions for industries like telco and automotive, are
increasingly built on open source and Ubuntu. We are the challenger
platform, but we are growing quickly in the industry.
The OEM Director is responsible to build trusted relationships with
IHV partners, increase Canonical market share and attach rate,
evangelize the partnership and lead all business interactions from
engineer to CxO. He/she will often run customer workshops focused
on particular initiatives at that customer, attend sales events,
give public presentations and lead executive engagements.
As a OEM Alliances Director you will:
- Build strategic relationships with IHV partners at
- Grow their awareness of open source capabilities on Canonical
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Linux and cloud
- Negotiate contracts and commercial business terms
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of large and complex
- Lead partnerships with global accounts such as IBM, Samsung,
DellEMC, HPE, Nokia etc.
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product
- Deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the
- Lead executive interlocks between IHV and Canonical
- Travel regularly - sometimes internationally - to drive
partnerships in person
Valued skills and experience
- Experience in alliance or indirect sales management
- Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done
- Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps,
identify and create opportunities
- Passionate about Ubuntu products and mission
- Comfortable in fast-paced and high pressure environments with
- Experience with Linux, virtualization, containers, and other
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What Canonical offers
- Personal learning and development budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical is a growing international software company that works
with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world's best
free software platform.Our services help businesses worldwide
reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with
We are proud to foster a workplace free of discrimination.
Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a
better work environment and better products. we will give your
application fair consideration.
Keywords: Canonical Group Ltd, Anchorage , Global OEM Alliances Sales Director, Sales , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!