Lead Ramp Agent
Company: Desert Air Transport, Inc
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionThe ramp agent is responsible for freight
acceptance, cargo consolidation, and loading and unloading aircraft
through physical work and use of forklifts. You will be working on
the ramp, in and out of aircraft and in a wide variety of weather
conditions. You will need an airport access card to gain entry to
our ramp that will be sponsored by Desert Air.Company
InformationDesert Air is a year-round air freight charter company
serving the state of Alaska with our DC-3 aircraft. We are
headquartered at the Anchorage International Airport (ANC), with
ramp space located off Old International Road. We ship anything
that will fit through our DC-3 doors from building materials to
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with customers for receiving freight.
- Process the required paperwork related to the customers
shipment in a courteous, accurate, and timely manner.
- Consolidate, label, and stage freight.
- Weigh cargo items and create an accurate cargo manifest.
- Operate vehicles to shuttle cargo to and from our
- Ensure the safety and security of the cargo received.
- Ensure proper aircraft readiness for loading/unloading.
- Refer to cargo manifest to consolidate, stage, and assemble
- Maintain a clean working environment and ramp space.
- Other duties to be assigned by supervisor.Position Requirements
- Must be 18 years old.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, and 10 year
FBI background check.
- Must complete SIDA training to obtain airport authority
- Have the ability to work weekends and holidays.
Keywords: Desert Air Transport, Inc, Anchorage , Lead Ramp Agent, Sales , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!