Patient Service Rep
Company: Peninsula Community Health Services of Alaska
Posted on: June 20, 2022
TITLE: -Patient Service Rep - All PCHS locationsREPORTS TO:
Manager of Patient ServicesWORK WEEK: Full-time, 40 -hours per
weekWAGE CLASSIFICATION: Non-ExemptOSHA RISK CLASSIFICATION:
MediumPAY RANGE: -$18.00 to $20.00, DOEMISSION: -Strengthening Our
Community by Providing Accessible and Affordable HealthcareSUMMARY
POSITION STATEMENTThe Patient Service Rep -position exists to
provide a more personal telephone contact, as well as confirming
appointments and assisting with clerical tasks. - This position
will also help facilitate access to care, to educate patients on
policies and programs and to provide the necessary paperwork in a
smooth and timely manner that begins the process when patients
arrive to see the provider.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES &
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Must have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Possess and utilize professional telephone techniques.
- Be proficient with telephone equipment and its functions.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Make and confirm appointments.
- Communicate patient needs to clinical assistants (medical or
dental) and/or providers.
- Discusses treatment plans and future appointments with
- Be proficient in computerized data entry.
- Be proficient in all electronic health records and be able to
cover any front desk when needed.
- Explain office policies, procedures and programs to
- Assist patients in gathering their data. - Assure completeness
of clinic forms.Issues necessary correspondence relating to
treatment and office policy.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies.
- Facilitates patient referrals. -
- Verify coverage with the patients' payer source.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required and expected
to work the hours set by PCHS and/or the schedule set by
- Expected to complete required trainings such as CPR, Mandt,
Mental Health First Aid and any others deemed necessary for this
- Must pass State required background check and pre-hire drug
- Other duties as required.OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES OF THE
- Possess a basic understanding of computerized appointment
- A basic knowledge of medical/dental terminology and anatomy and
- Collect fees and issue receipts.
- Clerical skills including data entry & scanning.
- Maintain electronic medical records (including data entry &
- Comply with "Universal Precautions" for infection control
- Reports clinic -needs to appropriate parties (ie supplies,
- Verifies that procedure codes and charges are correctPOSITION
REQUIREMENTSEducation: HS DiplomaLicense: No license
requiredExperience: One year experience as a front desk
administrative assistant preferred.Vaccine: -Must show proof of
Covid vaccine due to Federal Mandate unless legally exempt. -
-Contact: - -Patty Eissler, HR Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or
907-260-5017www.pchsak.orgPCHS is an equal opportunity employer and
ADA compliant agency. - -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Peninsula Community Health Services of Alaska, Anchorage , Patient Service Rep, Sales , Soldotna, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!