Material Handler - Anchorage Fab Shop
Posted on: September 13, 2019
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs
Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project
and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors.
We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across
the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to
sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to
join us. The transition will take time, so in the short-term you
may see references to our heritage companies in your application
Independently performs functions at the Anchorage Fabrication Shop
associated with the receipt, storage, custody and issuance of
project material. Reports directly to the Materials Supervisor.
Our Material Handlers:
* Inspects, verifies, receives and issues both Owner furnished and
Worley procured material for the project.
* Informs the Material Supervisor of all material problems in a
timely manner and helps to resolve those issues.
* Performs responsibilities in accordance with established
policies, plans and procedures to effectively assist on-site
efforts in support of client project requirements
* Documents defective material issues, shipment discrepancies and
non-conformance issues. Relays that information to the Material
Supervisor and assists in resolving the issue in a timely
* Works directly with Owner and Jacobs personnel on a daily
* Provides accurate documentation, to the Material Supervisor, of
all material recd and issued as per established material
* Responds to and helps resolve material issues from the shop
* Communicates with all disciplines to effectively help manage
material in a pro-active manner. Encourages early detection of
material shortages and early material requests from the shop, to
achieve timely response to material requests.
* Assist in managing both permanent material and consumables, tools
* Handling, packaging and consolidating freight, including banding,
shrink-wrapping, labeling of material
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
* Skills in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work
* Skills in communicating effectively orally and in written
* Ability to work in a fast pace environment
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
* Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and
constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and
* Basic computer skills commensurate with program and job
applications, if required.
* Ability to work effectively without direct supervision and
interface with a variety of people representing different
* Three to five (3-5) years material experience
(warehouse/inventory control and ordering applications)
* One (1) year experience working Office Suite programs (i.e. word,
excel, & outlook)
* Valid driver license (must meet Worley 5 year insurance
Keywords: Worley, Anchorage , Material Handler - Anchorage Fab Shop, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!