Cardiopulmonary Lab Technician
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Generalist opening in Anchorage, Alaska. This and other medical lab technician jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Cardiopulmonary Lab Technician job in Anchorage, Alaska. The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Monday-Friday DayFantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Cardiopulmonary Lab Technician Job Overview:
- Performs cardiopulmonary laboratory functions and activities for noninvasive diagnostic cardiac procedures, invasive diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures, pulmonary function testing, and responds to rapid response/code blue emergencies.
- Performs cardiopulmonary functions such as electrocardiograms, exercise stress
- testing, and ambulatory electrocardiographic monitoring.
- Interprets arrhythmias.
- Operates and maintains specialized equipment to evaluate respiratory or pulmonary functions, and respiratory physiology.
- Performs spirometry, flow volume loops, lung volumes, diffusion capacities, closing volumes, and methacholine challenge procedures.
- Under orders of a physician, administers respiratory care such as oxygen and aerosol therapy, and preparation and administration of respiratory medications.
- Assists physician with intubation and extubation procedures. Performs endotracheal tube care. Maintains patient airway. Ensures bronchial hygiene through incentive spirometry and specialized breathing instructions.
- Prepares and instructs patient to use equipment or perform procedure. Checks patient and equipment, and changes equipment. Monitors data display on physiological equipment, and obtains and records vital signs.
- Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Assesses and documents patient status. Performs user maintenance on equipment.
- Adheres to infection control and universal precautions procedures, including disposition of contaminated materials. Practices safety and security measures.
- Performs cardiopulmonary laboratory administrative, maintenance, and support functions. Ensures equipment is calibrated to manufacturer's specifications. Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes (or prepares for sterilization) cardiopulmonary equipment.
- Operationally checks and inspects equipment.
- Determines inventory level of disposable supplies; stocks accordingly; and returns excess stock. Prepares equipment requisitions. Maintains CPR cart. Ensures emergency equipment is available and functional.
- Schedules patients for evaluations, procedures, and treatments. Obtains medical records.
- Greets patients and answers telephone.
- Assists with transportation of patients to and from hospitals, and those in the air evacuation system requiring mechanical ventilation.
- Maintains general correspondence, files, records, and reports. Provides biometric data. Cardiopulmonary Lab Technician Job Qualifications:
- Computer Skill Competency
- Degree/Education: An accredited cardiopulmonary laboratory specialist course
- At least 12 months of experience within the last 18 months
- Experience performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to care for and treat cardiopulmonary laboratory patients.
- Must be knowledgeable of general anatomy and physiology; cardiopulmonary system structures and functions; basic pharmacology; patient care theory, procedures, and techniques; medical terminology; aseptic techniques; medical ethics; resuscitation techniques; maintaining and operating cardiopulmonary laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic equipment; medications, and medical computer systems. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Anchorage , Cardiopulmonary Lab Technician, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!