Entry Level Transportation Engineer
Posted on: January 12, 2019
This is a full-time position to provide project management and transportation engineering assistance to the Transportation Practice Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform advanced engineering calculations for transportation engineering design projects.
- Coordinate AutoCAD drafting requirements for civil engineering design projects.
- Coordinate with government agencies, client staff, and other professionals to obtain design information and approvals.
- Prepare and route project related correspondence and record keeping.
- Conduct periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor quality and progress of the work.
- Using advanced knowledge, write and edit construction specifications and engineering reports.
- Assist with tabulating bid items and calculating construction bid quantities from plans and specifications. Estimate construction costs.
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Baccalaureate degree from an ABET-accredited civil engineering program and up to three years of experience in construction or civil engineering field is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and Certification as an E.I./EIT is required.
Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to clients, co-workers, and the public. He/she must also have excellent writing skills and be able to communicate effectively with large and diverse groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Project software.
- AutoCAD knowledge and experience is highly desirable. Mathematical Skills
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical analysis, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
DOWL is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Our company THRIVES ON DIFFERENCES! All we ask is that our employees and applicants continue to learn how to work better together. We believe in adjustment first, accommodation always. We believe that people come to work every day with positive intent.
Applications accepted online only at company careers webpage -
Keywords: DOWL, Anchorage , Entry Level Transportation Engineer, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!