Safety Director - USBL - US
Company: Sysco Northeast Rdc
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Company: US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources
Services, LLCZip Code:99518Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor's
DegreeMinimum Years of Experience:5 YearsEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage: Up to 25%JOB SUMMARYThis Operating Company
(OpCo) based position will lead the implementation of
prevention-focused health, safety and environmental (HSE) and
security program. The position will establish, execute and deliver
OpCo-specific strategy that supports Sysco's overall HSE
objectives, including security and crisis preparedness
- In cooperation with Operational management, develop health,
safety and environmental (HSE) strategy in support of Corporate HSE
and Security strategic goals.
- Develop effective HSE plans designed to meet operational goals
to reduce injuries, accidents, and incidents.
- Effectively communicate HSE strategy and objectives with Senior
- Support site management in the implementation of HSE
- Design and implement effective metrics to track progress,
proactively identify areas of concern and drive
- Develop and implement training programs to transfer HSE
knowledge and core competencies to management and associates.
- Establish and achieve audits to track and identify gaps in the
local compliance with Sysco's (HSE) policies and procedures.
- Support creation of health, safety and environmental (HSE)
goals for the site management and appropriate activity-based goals
for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line
supervisors to drive HSE culture, compliance and results.
- Head a company-wide system to identify and evaluate hazards
(risks), and implement effective controls (corrective
- Lead incident investigation process, including cause analysis
and identification of corrective action plans.
- Provide supervisor and management training on root cause
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, DOT, EPA, and
- Facilitate the completion of a company-wide annual HSE training
- Develop effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Assist facilities management team in ensuring required
regulatory permits are acquired, required reports are submitted to
regulatory agencies and any site permit conditions (e.g.
recordkeeping, process safety management (PSM), stormwater, special
waste, etc.) are met.
- Achieve annual targets for incident frequency, severity and
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a
- Create and facilitate health, safety, and environmental (HSE)
engagement through HSE teams and committees needed to accomplish
the established targets and annual objectives.
- Drive and promote zero-incident HSE culture throughout the
- Support execution of Sysco's Emergency Preparedness Plan
procedures and policies.
- Monitor, interpret and communicate regulatory changes to
Operating Company (OpCo) management.
- Assist with the development and presentation of Corporate and
site-specific training programs as needed.
- Implement early return to work programs.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies
- Maintains associate relations through regular department
- Maintains on-going interaction and open communication with
associates, monitors associate morale, and responds to and
implements ideas to improve associate engagement and
- Bachelor's degree or certifications with equivalent
- 5-7 years of hands-on environmental and safety experience in a
warehousing/distribution, manufacturing, or transportation
- Considerable experience with occupational safety,
transportation safety, and environmental compliance
preferred.Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Has attained or is working toward certification in safety
- Other pertinent safety certifications or designations are
desirable as well.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and provide proof of
liability coverage meeting company standards.Professional Skills
- Strong background in safety with a proven record of
- Ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement
constructive behavior changes in transportation safety.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Solid employee relations and interpersonal communication
- Interact effectively with all levels of management,
supervision, and employees.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication, written
communication, and presentation skills.
- Leadership and team-building skills, and able to influence
- Demonstrated knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing
software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall
initiatives and program goals.
- Able to analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult
situations and problems.
- Successfully demonstrate all Leadership Framework
competencies.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to
talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.Working
ConditionsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- This position will be performed at the assigned operating
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.The
above information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by associates within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.NOTICE: The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of the environment and the level of
work being performed by this job. This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by
the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any
other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
requested by his or her supervisor.This job description supersedes
prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change,
the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes
according to business necessity.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For
information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
https://SyscoBenefits.comOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in
foodservice distribution. With over 71,000 colleagues and a fleet
of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 333
distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000
customer locations.We offer our colleagues the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunityis available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco Northeast Rdc, Anchorage , Safety Director - USBL - US, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!