Category Planner I
Company: Sysco Northeast Rdc
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Company: US0450 Sysco Alaska, Division of Sysco Seattle, IncZip
Code:99518Minimum Level of Education:High School or
EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:1 YearEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage: 0JOB SUMMARYResponsible for achieving
company inventory management goals for assigned products which
include, but is not limited to, exemplary customer service,
purchase order (PO) accuracy (cost, quantity, dates), minimal
spoilage and shrink, and managing inventory to the lowest possible
Days Sales Outstanding (DSO). Execute a replenishment strategy that
supports supply chain efficienciesRESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Inventory DSO, aged inventory, obsolete inventory,
spoilage and shrink to achieve corporate goals.
- Handle and process purchase orders in compliance with corporate
- Maintain PO product and freight cost accuracy.
- Conduct forecasting and demand planning for customer events,
business shifts, and seasonality changes.
- Collaborate with the local, market and corporate merchandising
teams, suppliers, and other functional areas.
- Demonstrate an intermediate level of proficiency of the
Manhatten inventory planning tool Demand Planning Replenishment
(DPR), to drive team performance as indicated by DPR scorecards,
dashboards and merchandising key performance indicators
- Collaborate with the logistics team to maximize supply chain
- Work with operations to develop programs to maximize
efficiencies in receiving and warehousing.
- Manage Operating Company (OpCo) level Stock Keeping Unit (SKU)
count (min 1,800 ' 2,299 SKUs vendor direct) and resolve
replenishment issues as required.
- Performance to be sustained at this level while meeting
- Follow and react to market conditions within established
corporate and market guidelines.
- Manage forecasting and demand planning.
- Support product recalls as required.
- Execute enterprise purchasing
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.Experience
- 1+ year professional business experience.
- Purchasing/merchandising experience preferred. May substitute a
Bachelors's degree in place of experience.
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution
- Inventory Management/Purchasing experience in distributor with
10,000+ SKUs preferred.Professional Skills:
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the enterprise.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Proactive attitude to highlight and address issues as they
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand/execute standard replenishment processes and best
- Superb tactical replenishment execution skills and
understanding of product forecasting.
- Can negotiate with suppliers to execute the inventory depletion
- Proficient Excel skills.Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to
talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.NOTICE: The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the
environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This
job description in no way states or implies that the duties and
responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the
employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any
other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
requested by his or her supervisor.Reasonable accommodations will
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.This job description supersedes prior job
descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop
the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of
business necessity.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's
Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.comHOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunityis available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco Northeast Rdc, Anchorage , Category Planner I, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...