Sr. Project Procurement Specialist - EPT
Company: Arctic Slope Regional Corporation
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Sr. Project Procurement Specialist - EPT ASRC Energy Services,
LLC (AES) is part of the Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC)
family of companies. ASRC is a private, for-profit corporation that
is owned by and represents the business interests of its
approximately 13,000 I--upiaq shareholders. As the largest
Alaskan-owned company employing over 12,000 people worldwide, ASRC
and its subsidiaries are poised for the next era of growth with
continued dedication to provide maximum benefit to our
shareholders. - About AES We're proud to be named the Best Company
to Work for in Alaska by MSN Money, 24/7 Wall St. and Zippia for
2019 and the recipient of the prestigious ConocoPhillips 2019 and
2020 Supplier Recognition Award for Focus on Execution. Employing
over 2,000 employees across our subsidiaries, AES is an service
provider of choice in the energy industry. Our exceptional service
quality and safety record sets us apart from our competitors. Our
business purpose is to find solutions for a sustainable future, and
we accomplish that by living our "ASPIRE" values, which stand
- A bsolute Integrity: We do the right thing because it's the
right thing to do
- S afety: Safety is our foundation - we bring it everywhere we
- P eople First: We take care of our people, and our people will
take care of the business
- I --upiat Heritage: We believe in "one crew, one journey" and
honor the values of our founders as we develop the future
- R esilient Family: We encourage the right balance, and
cultivate strong relationships with our clients and colleagues
- E xceptional Service Quality: We deliver excellence by focusing
on client needs and continuously improving our performance Why You
Should Work For Us Our employees are our most important resource,
so we seek collaboration across the organization, and value
everyone's contribution. Our employees are part of the solution for
a sustainable future for the benefit of our shareholders,
employees, families, and our communities. Are you looking for an
exciting opportunity to work with a company like ours, and be a
significant part of our business purpose? If so, keep reading.
Exploration and Production Technology (EPT) - EPT provides
provisional, ad hoc, and embedded staffing necessary to meet in
-office and field needs. JOB SUMMARY The Senior Project Procurement
Specialist is responsible for ensuring materials are purchased,
received, processed, and distributed to meet project material
requirements. This position helps coordinates logistics and
implements purchasing and documentation processes to meet project
schedules. Additionally, this position also works with the
accounting department in accordance with company policies and
represents the company professionally and ethically while
developing and maintaining relationships with vendors. ESSENTIAL
- Managing all third-party spend specific to client's large
capital project to ensure the most optimal total cost of ownership
- Work directly with Construction Manager and Project Manager in
coordinating various components of project logistics surrounding
material receipt, delivery, and acceptance with project
- Under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager, analyze
aspects of logistics to determine the most cost-effective and
efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Work directly with the Project Technical Team to gather
necessary procurement compliance documentation for fair and
reasonable purchasing practices.
- Partner closely with Slope-based Material Coordinators and
town-based engineering personnel to support month-end close
activities, ensuring invoice compliance and timely payment.
- Assisting Project Controls Team in performing financial
reporting & monitoring of Purchase Orders and overall budget.
- Ensure the timely flow of information to suppliers,
subcontractors, accounting department, specifically accounts
payable (AP), shipping and receiving, personnel requesting goods,
and job site personnel.
- Work cooperatively with other departments in identifying and
improving processes that lead to increased efficiencies throughout
- Prepare technical bid evaluation documents and submit for
review and approval.
- Prepare commercial bid evaluations and submit for review and
- Work effectively with requestors to ensure correct information
is provided, and material is purchased in a timely & cost-effective
- Make sure materials ordered are identified appropriately,
specifically as they pertain to hazardous material, and work with
Shipping & Receiving to ensure they are packaged in accordance with
the appropriate federal regulations.
- Assemble information and prepare reports for all ordered
- Review planned and non-planned work activities to ensure timely
movement and delivery of goods to their required locations.
- Track returns to vendors to ensure goods and credit vouchers
are appropriately received.
- Resolve problems concerning purchasing and logistics, supplier
or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Perform the purchasing process within the organization's ERP
system from inception to closeout.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and consult
with them to determine product availability and terms of
- Participate in capturing lessons learned; collaborate with the
team to incorporate them in better control processes
- Maintain proper records to document purchases in accordance
with company policy.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Other duties will be assigned to this position as needs
- Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
- Support AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal
accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all
projects, activities, and operations. LEADERSHIP COMPETENCY
REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTORS ASRC's Core competencies
include Problem Solving, Drive for Results, and Customer Focus. In
addition to our core competency model, our framework includes
competencies specific to the various levels of positions within our
company. For more information on our core competencies please
contact the HR Department and reference the ASRC Leadership
Framework. Customer Focus Is dedicated to meeting the expectations
and requirements of internal and external customers; gets
first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in
products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and
maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their
trust and respect; a bility to manage internal and external
stakeholder communication with commensurate written and verbal
skills . -Drive for Results Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results. Problem Solving Uses rigorous logic and methods
to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all
fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent
at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at
the first answers. Time Management Uses his/her time effectively
and efficiently; values time; adhere to deadlines with a high
degree of proficiency and accuracy; concentrates his/her efforts on
the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than
others; can attend to a broader range of activities. REQUIRED
- Fifteen (15) years purchasing and logistics experience, with
the majority of that time being in Oil & Gas related industry,
specifically in capital projects.
- Ten (10) years or more experience with RFx creation & analysis,
contracts composition, and contracts compliance activities
(including fair & reasonable justification)
- Extensive knowledge of purchasing, tracking, and payment
- Driver's License required PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's
degree in Purchasing, Logistics, or Business discipline preferred.
Experience working for a construction company, in the oil & gas
industry, and on the North Slope of Alaska preferred. Experience
with Oracle/SAP/Vista preferred. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
POLICY STATEMENT AES and its subsidiaries are committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We comply with the terms
of Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act,
and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act (VEVRAA). We
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, marital status,
pregnancy, parenthood, medical condition, disability, status as a
protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
genetic information, or any other basis or characteristics
prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to all employment
practices within our organization, including, but not limited to,
hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, and
termination of employment. For more information on equal
opportunity please visit - If you need any assistance or a
reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact
the AES Human Resources Team at (907) 334-1688. My ProfileCreate
and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Keywords: Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, Anchorage , Sr. Project Procurement Specialist - EPT, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!