Temporary Distribution Helper
Company: ENSTAR Natural Gas
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY: The general responsibilities of a
Distribution Helper are to assist co-workers by performing a
variety of duties such as furnishing workers with materials/tools/
supplies, cleaning work area/machines/equipment, feeding or off
bearing machines, holding materials or tools, and performing other
routine duties. This position also performs installation,
maintenance, and repair work on mains and service lines and assists
co-workers in welding, thermal, and arc cutting tasks.ESSENTIAL
- Assist in laying, repairing, and extending underground plastic
and steel gas mains and service lines.
- Assist in welding and thermal arc cutting activities.
- Ensure tools required for jobs are on vehicles.
- Prepare worksite by positioning barricades and signs.
- Unload materials and equipment from vehicles.
- Clean vehicle, tools and equipment as needed.
- Fuel vehicle and equipment.
- Operate non CDL vehicles intrastate weighing 14,000 or more
- May perform duties requiring a CDL if in possession of a
current Alaska CDL.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Construction background preferred.
- Must possess current Alaska driver's license and be qualified
to operate a vehicle under the conditions of the ENSTAR's Driving
Policy, CDL preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Transportation Medical
Certificate per Alaska House Bill 15 effective July 8, 2013.
- Employment is contingent on successful completion of the
Operator Qualification Program.
- Ability to pass a drug, background, and driving record
screening.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to
effectively interact with individuals within and outside of
- Ability to work safely.
- Must be self-directed, able to perform in a multi task
environment, and able to effectively contribute individually, or as
part of a team.
- Thorough knowledge of ENSTAR's Standard Operating Procedures
and construction practices, facilities, and ability to safely
operate the equipment utilized in the installation and repair of
mains and/or service lines.OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective
interactions and communications with co-workers, customers and
- Must maintain a safe environment for co-workers, customers and
the public through adherence to established safety standards and
timely reporting of potential hazards.
- Must adhere to ENSTAR's policies and procedures related to the
code of business ethics, compliance, responsible use of assets, and
all applicable state and federal laws.Physical Effort: Standing,
walking, bending over, climbing, reaching overhead, crouching,
kneeling, pushing/ pulling, talking, repetitive use of
hands/arms/legs, lifting up to 50lbs., carrying up to 50 lbs., eye/
hand coordinationVisual Acuity: Close/ distance/ color/ peripheral
vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focusMental Effort:
Thinking analytically, communication (verbal & written), handling
stress/ emotions, concentrating on tasks, discriminating colors,
remember details, making decisions, adjusting to changes,
examining/ observing detailsEnvironmental Factors: Inside (hot/heat
& cold), outside (hot/ cold), hazards: heavy machinery, fumes/
gases/ odors/ dust, grease, oil, mud, moving mechanical parts,
noise, hot temperature devices, vibration, working with others/
aloneThe statements contained in this job description are intended
to describe the general content and requirements for performance of
this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job
duties, responsibilities and requirements. Others duties may be
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: ENSTAR Natural Gas, Anchorage , Temporary Distribution Helper, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!