Business Analyst III
Company: Homer Electric Association
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionHomer Electric Association (HEA) is a
member-owned electric utility serving the central and southern
areas of the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. We are excited to be
growing our Information Technology team and are seeking for a
Business Analyst III to join the team. We truly believe in the
cooperative values of integrity, accountability, innovation and
commitment to community and a successful candidate will have an
opportunity to directly impact these values using innovative and
versatile technology solutions.The Business Analyst III position
will direct and implement assigned information systems projects,
dealing with software and hardware maintenance, providing a smooth
and timely completion of work, while maintaining harmonious working
relationships with other departments. They will also source and
manage potential IT solutions providers and other suppliers to
solve problems and create opportunities for the cooperative.This is
a salaried (exempt) position with the hours of Monday through
Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. This position may require providing an
occasional evening and weekend call support. The work location will
be determined based on operational needs and/or candidate
preference.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and manage compliance with technology regulatory
- Provide database management and normalization to support
- Provide troubleshooting services within Cooperative computer
information systems, and coordinates with personnel both within and
outside the department to ensure a smooth and timely flow
- Manages and documents user account maintenance and
administrative software and data security.
- Suggest, propose and implement development solutions utilizing
trends in the computer industry regarding communications, security,
computer systems, support peripherals and software.
- Must be able to take initiative in identifying IT process
improvement opportunities utilizing advances in software and
hardware as applicable to business needs and requirements.
- Perform service desk level III support.
- Directs administrative software upgrades, programs, and creates
reports to business need.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or
university in Management Information Systems, Information
Technology, Computer Science.
- Six (6) years of full-time paid technical experience in the
fields of business systems analysis, applications
development/implementation, programming, testing in an enterprise
application, database administration/analysis, and/or application
and business process support.
- Required experience with current end-point operating systems,
virtualization systems, networking, communications, cloud
applications, scripting, programming languages and applicable
technology application systems.
- In lieu of a degree, must have eight (8) years of additional
experience.REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES & LICENSES:
- Ability to manage servers, virtualization systems, endpoints,
and network operations.
- Excellent communication skills with the technical aptitude to
work closely with other departments.
- Ability to bring process and process improvement skills to
- Project management skills to manage multiple projects with
varying scopes and timelines.
- Ability to apply rational thinking to solve problems and
comprehend instructions, manuals and diagrams.HEA is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer;
Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.We invite you to join our team
of professionals at Homer Electric Association. Come explore the
extraordinary offers with work/life balance, competitive pay and
excellent benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with
opportunities for growth and development. To learn more about Homer
Electric Association, please visit us at www.homerelectric.com
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Homer Electric Association, Anchorage , Business Analyst III, Professions , Kenai, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!