Company: Charter College
Posted on: January 9, 2022
The Facilities Coordinator works under the direction of the
Campus President to address any facilities-related issues or
coordinate the efforts of any specialized trades working on campus.
The purpose of the Facilities Coordinator is to ensure that the
state of the facility is in line with Charter College's mission to
provide a secure environment that is conducive to learning.
This position reports to The Campus President.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily campus walks to ensure that the facilities are up
- Perform minor maintenance to facility, duties include but are
not limited to:
- Minor cosmetic repairs like painting, repairs to heating,
cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems, be able to
move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or
by using hand truck
- Perform all Janitorial upkeep of facilities duties would
include but are not limited to:
- Vacuum and clean all floors, restrooms, offices, laboratory.
Wash lab equipment, walls and windows. Empty all trash in
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs,
ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as
banquets and meetings.
- Assess and report on the quality of the facility
- Help to plan, organize, and implement changes to the
- Coordinate plans with members of the management team
- Communicate effectively and cooperate with faculty, staff, and
- Perform additional related duties as assigned and
- 3 years experience in construction or a related field
- At least one year of facilities maintenance experience
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Knowledge of: basic construction methods and project
management, general facilities maintenance to include electrical,
carpentry, painting, HVAC, and plumbing, the ability to effectively
coordinate the work of specialized contractors.
- Janitorial experience demonstrating independent judgment in
prioritizing building maintenance needs.
- Facility maintenance experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic construction methods, including knowledge of
carpentry, electrical, painting, HVAC, and plumbing.
- May be required to work flexible schedule and some
- Non-Exempt - hourly position
- Compensation dependent on experience and skill setWe are
committed to diversity. Charter College is an Equal Opportunity
About Charter College:
Charter College is a private, independent institution of higher
education that emphasizes a new direction for continuing education.
Charter College is not a liberal arts college, university, or a
vocational school. Instead, Charter College takes the best elements
from each of these respected educational institutions to create a
unique and innovative experience that meets our students' needs. We
offer career training programs in the growing fields of healthcare,
business, legal, criminal justice, information technology and
select trade careers. We strive to provide our students with a
career-focused education that is both relevant in today's workspace
and cutting-edge in technology and focus.
Keywords: Charter College, Anchorage , Facilities Coordinator, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!