Construction Estimator IV - Full Time - Regional Project Man
Company: Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Tracking Code 20210262 Job Description JOB SUMMARY
Under limited supervision, provides construction cost estimates for
the various stages of construction projects resulting in a
budgetary cost estimate for all construction work, develop job cost
history for construction and provide quality
- Working with Project Managers, the Director of Construction,
and the Field Manager, establishes construction priorities.
- Estimates the cost of construction activities to assure that
commitments to funding agencies are realistic and can be met.
Develops and presents final construction cost estimates as a member
of the construction team.
- Participates in design reviews and develops and presents
estimated construction cost during development and design
activities. Works as a team member to develop construction
schedules which are reflected in the construction cost
- Prepares and updates project construction budget and percent
completion report data. Works with Project Managers to estimate
construction costs for funding applications.
- Provides a systematic process for construction cost estimation,
which is based on historical information and project information.
Establishes and maintains job cost history system.
- Evaluates field and office staff performance goals including
budget, schedule and safety. Completes annual performance quality
appraisals of each construction project including accuracy of
estimate, actual material cost and production independent of the
construction field operations.
- Analyzes construction costs for use in estimating future
- Performs ongoing quality assurance activities during
construction projects constructed by ANTHC, THO, local communities
and private contractors. Confers with supervisory personnel,
contractors, design engineers, and technicians to discuss and
resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, design
changes, and construction problems. Provides progress reports to
Director of Construction.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Required Skills KNOWLEDGE
- Reading, comprehending and communicating technical information
to others using documents, drawings and interpersonal skills
- Engineering plans, contracts, and material specifications
- Ability to interpret and use construction job cost accounting
- OSHA standards as applicable to the construction industry
- Construction cost estimates, materials, methods, tools,
construction management and project scheduling
- Developing and overseeing systems for coordination of
equipment, personnel and long lead material procurement
- Applicable building and trades codes, formal training and
experience in construction project management, cost estimating, and
- Read engineering plans, contracts, and material
- Verbal and written communication
- Computers for Construction Scheduling (Microsoft Project), Cost
Estimating, Cost Tracking and correspondence
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Software usage (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and MS Project
- Learning specialized software for use in tracking and cost
- Reading and utilizing Material Safety Data Sheets and
communicating potential hazards to staff as necessary Required
Experience MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
- A Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Construction
Management, Engineering or construction-related field.
Progressively responsible professional/exempt work experience may
be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college
education.MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
- Non-Supervisory - Ten (10) years of experience in the
construction administration or construction management field,
INCLUDING two (2) years experience in Alaska.MINIMUM LICENSE
- An Alaska driver's license with a clean driving record is
required.PREFERRED CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATION
--- OSHA certification for Construction Health and Safety.
--- HAZWOPER Certification.
--- Mechanical or Electrical Administrator certificate.
--- Plumber or Electrician Certificate of Fitness.
--- Current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR
--- American Institute of Constructors (AIC) "Certified Associate
Constructor" or "Certified Professional Constructor".
--- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
"Certified Construction Manager".PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
--- Experience managing heavy construction equipment on
construction job sites.
--- Significant experience in the fields of building construction,
heating and ventilating, carpentry, plumbing, heavy equipment
operation, electrical wiring, and earthwork.
--- Bush Alaska and arctic experience.
--- Training/experience in project management or
Depending on the needs of the organization, some incumbents in this
job class may be required to obtain additional certifications or
training in one or more specialty areas. Requires frequent travel
to remote locations.MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The following demands are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. May be required to lift approximately 50 pounds. May be
exposed to infectious diseases and hazardous working environments
with heavy machinery and extreme weather conditions. Job Location
Anchorage, Alaska, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Apply Connect Who do you know at
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
Keywords: Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage , Construction Estimator IV - Full Time - Regional Project Man, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!