Inventory Control Clerk
Company: Safeway Inc-001
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Job Title: Inventory Control Clerk
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Inventory Control
Clerk provides friendly, courteous and
helpful service. Checks all delivery drivers as they bring
merchandise into the store. Oversees the return
of salvageable merchandise. Oversees all inventories of grocery
items. Orders merchandise for direct
delivery. Pays all direct delivery bills and tracks ROWSAP's.
Oversees and orders all beer and wine
products. Maintains back room security, cleanliness, and
organization. Oversees and tracks all re-sets to
official store schematics. Keeps track of all pallet and floor
jacks and oversees maintenance schedule for
this equipment. Oversees all end cap planning and inputs orders
into main store computers.
Safeway Inventory Control Clerk employees are generally responsible
for completing the following job
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer
within the scope of the position and
within company policy.
2. Maintain cleanliness, security, and organization of back room
area of store.
3. Monitor all damaged or expired salvageable merchandise and
return for credit.
4. Prepare merchandise orders.
5. Checks in all items delivered and ensures that merchandise count
and type matches bill of landing or
other pertinent information.
6. Verifies identity and credentials of all delivery drivers.
7. Inventories supply of beer and wine and transmits orders for
8. Maintains store schematic, monitors changes and schedules, and
tracks ROWSAP's as needed.
9. Monitors location of all pallet and floor jacks.
10. Prepares, monitors, and implements maintenance schedule for all
back room equipment.
11. Tracks and orders all store supplies.
12. May obtain stock from the back room and replace in display
areas of the store as needed.
13. Monitor inter-office mail and company web page daily for
14. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures.
Demonstrated prior customer service skills or
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to work independently when necessary.
4. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
5. Ability to work with vendors on a regular basis.
Varies depending on store location and state/county
%Inside: 95% %Outside: 5%
Temperature Extremes: Varies depending on store location. May be
required to enter freezer or cooler.
Chemicals: Seldom (mild detergents or glass cleaner).
Safeway, Inc. Seattle Division
SAFEWAY, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Page 2 of 2
Job Title: Inventory Control Clerk
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
telxon, stationary computer, pallet jack, hand truck, six-wheeled
cart, box cutter, forms and papers, pens
and pencils, rags, mops, brooms, buckets, telephone/intercom,
calculator, big joe, bailer
Constant (over 70% of the time)
Constantly lifts 1-10 lbs. Frequently lifts 11-20 lbs. Occasionally
lifts 21-35 lbs. Seldom lifts 36-50 lbs.
Constantly carries 1-10 lbs. Occasionally carries 11-35 lbs. Seldom
carries 36-50 lbs.
Pushing / Pulling:
Frequently pushes/pulls 1-20 lbs. Seldom pushes/pulls 21-50
Constant knee to shoulder reaching. Occasional overhead and at or
about shoulder level reaching.
Frequent standing while on job. Sitting allowed on breaks.
Frequent walking while on job.
Seldom. May use ladders to access upper storage levels.
Frequent neck rotation, bending of head, and squatting. Occasional
bending/stooping, twisting and
crouching. Seldom twisting and kneeling.
Constant handling/grasping. Frequent repetitive motion. Occasional
fine finger manipulation. Seldom
Use of peripheral vision and depth perception to move around
crowded rear area and push carts and
dollies in crowded back room area. Also used to monitor incoming
stock, check computer displays, and
maintain awareness of security conditions in back room area.
Frequent use of near vision to read tags,
prices, orders, computer displays, price sheets, and other
To understand customers questions, answer phones and pages, and
receive instructions or information
from other employees.
To converse with customers, vendors, employees.
Safeway will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified
individuals with disabilities who can meet
overall job requirements.
Keywords: Safeway Inc-001, Anchorage , Inventory Control Clerk, Professions , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!