Bariatric Service Line Coordinator
Company: Alaska Regional Hospital
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Job Summary --- The Bariatric Service Line Coordinator is
responsible forthe development, coordination and implementation of
the Bariatric Service Lineat Alaska Regional Hospital.--
Thisposition promotes and maintains positive working relationships
with physiciansand staff who play a role in the care of bariatric
patients.-- The Bariatric Service Line Coordinatorprovides
education to staff on the care and treatment of bariatric patients
aswell as to the community on the bariatric services provided at
Alaska RegionalHospital.-- The Bariatric Service LineCoordinator
supports the mission, vision statements and goals of AlaskaRegional
Hospital. Position Reports to---Assistant COOKey Interactions ---
Bariatric surgeons, patients, and nursing unit staffmembers.-- Job
- Serve as a liaison between the Alaska RegionalHospital and
- Assists in center development, managing theaccreditation
process and ensuring continuous compliance with
- Maintains relevant policies and procedures,patient education,
outcomes data collection, quality improvement efforts, andeducation
of relevant staff in the various aspects of the metabolic
andbariatric surgery patient with a focus on patient safety.
- Supports the development of written protocolsand education of
- Serves as the liaison between Alaska Regionaland all surgeons
performing metabolic and bariatric surgery at the center andany
general surgeons providing call coverage.
- Assists in maintaining the documentation of thecall schedule
provided by all covering surgeons.
- Enter data into the MBSAQIP Data RegistryPlatform.
- Fulfill case abstraction duties, but alsofulfill ongoing
training and recertification requirements.
- Enter long-term follow-up data on a compoundingnumber of
patients over time, and fulfill requests for patient data.
Qualifications Job Requirements(Education and Experience) ---
- RN license or Registered Dietitian required
- BLS certification required
- A minimum of three years of nursing experience withbariatric
patients preferredJob Requirements(Knowledge, Skills, and
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong clinical skills in the performance of nursingcare
- Knowledge of bariatric procedures and surgeries,nursing care,
and treatment plans
- Strong leadership skills and organizationalskills
- Initiative and creativity in proposing andimplementing
- Ability to integrate duties with otherdepartment programs to
maximize impact and create efficiencies.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel,
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Alaska Regional Hospital, Anchorage , Bariatric Service Line Coordinator, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!