Project Coordinator **PENDING AWARD**
Posted on: June 19, 2019
This position is subject to the final award of certain projects in
spring/summer 2019. All estimated start dates, representations, and
commitments on behalf of STG, Inc. will be based on the award of
certain projects; all potential candidates agree and understand
that this position is subject to these terms and conditions. If
certain projects are not awarded, this position may be closed and
STG, Incorporated performs construction and project management
services across Alaska. Under the supervision of the Project
Manager, our Project Coordinator performs a wide variety of
administrative duties to support the coordination of design/build
and construction projects throughout Alaska. Prior experience in
Alaska's rural construction industry is preferred.
- Assist the Project Management team with project-related tasks
including planning, scheduling, and coordinating project activities
to meet deadlines.
- Support Project Managers by obtaining pricing for the
development of cost estimates.
- Participate in the bidding process.
- Assist in the application process for obtaining any necessary
licenses and permits.
- Secure temporary housing at project sites including
coordinating with Accounting for utilities start-up and lease
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of project plans,
including; timelines, project phases, and activities by utilizing
Critical Path Management techniques and company-designated software
- Ensure all required documents are received from subcontractors
prior to starting on-site work.
- Assist in coding invoices to properly track project expenses to
- Maintain paper and electronic filing and archiving systems for
project related files.
- Responsible for project deliverables and or professional
communication management such as:
- Requests for Information (RFI's)
- Design Clarification/Variation Requests (DC/VR's)
- Status reporting
- Submittal tracking
- Contract Documents
- Project Cost Reports
- Change Proposals
- Change Orders
- Architects\Engineering Reports (A\E's)
- Operations and Maintenance Manuals (O&M's)
- Contract Drawings and Specifications
- Contract Close-Out Documentation
- Under direction of Project Manager, assist and fill in as
needed or when they are not available.
- Assist in verbally communicating effectively with
- Draft correspondence, obtain necessary signatures and send at
direction of Project Manager.
- Assist in developing presentations for outside agencies and
- Coordinate and attend project management team meetings.
- Record action items during meetings and execute follow thru of
- Coordinate with Human Resources on meeting client/project labor
requirements and adherence of company Local Hire Policy at rural
- Track and file incoming reports from field staff, including:
daily reports, safety documentation, photos, etc.
- Coordinate complex air and hotel reservations.
- Maintain a neat and orderly project management office.
- Work as a "team-player" with co-workers in a respectful and
- Assist all members of Project Management team with
- Seek and participate in development and training
- Responsible to report any incident, situation or activity that
may affect the company's ability to operate safely, ethically, and
profitably to the Director of Business Operations.
- Work in constant state of alertness in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of various field construction concepts, practices,
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, and Outlook.--
- Skill in use of project schedule software.
- Skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, meeting
deadlines and general time management.
- Strong technical and professional writing skills; ability to
relay information clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling
and grammar, and present numerical data effectively.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to identify and resolve
problems timely, skillfully gather and analyze information, and
develop alternative solutions as needed.
- Effective professional communication and interpersonal skills
with regard to:
- Internal and external written, graphical, and verbal
- Working with other departments and personnel to accomplish
- Ability to use well thought, rational judgement and make
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- Ability to effectively use a desktop or laptop computer, with
advanced knowledge of standard business applications (Microsoft
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- Ability to participate in learning opportunities to stay
current on best practices and new technology.
- Ability to contribute effectively working individually or as
part of a team.
- Ability to work in a team environment, take direction from
supervisor(s), high degree of attention to details, follow work
rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Ability to meet attendance requirements; ensure work
responsibilities are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and
appointments on time.
- Ability to work productively under pressure.
- Ability to travel for work related purposes (up to 20% of the
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe and efficient
- Ability to comply with standard policies and
- Ability to read construction plans and specifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree
in construction management, engineering, or related field
preferred. Additionally, a combination of related project
coordinator experience and/or education with enrollment in a
construction management or engineering program may be
- Work-related experience utilizing project management software
- Prior work experience in construction industry
- Knowledge of remote Alaska logistics and construction practices
- Valid state driver's license and must be qualified to operate a
vehicle under the conditions of STG's Driving Policy.
- Ability to pass a drug, driving,--and background screening.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. STG has a
fast paced multi-tasking office environment requiring a high degree
of efficient and effective performance. At times, work is performed
outside of the office at indoor and outdoor job sites. Adaptability
regarding schedule and design changes, and occasional overtime for
immediate field support or bid processing may be necessary.
The demand described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job.
OCCASIONALLY: Bending Over, Reaching Overhead, Balancing, Pushing
or Pulling, Lifting 26-75 lbs., Carrying 26-75 lbs., Driving,
Inside: Heat/Cold, Outside: Hot, Cold, Humid, Hazards: Electrical,
Heavy Machinery, Dirty (Soil), Dry, Fumes, gases, Odors, Dust,
Grease, Oil, Mud, Moving Mechanical Parts, Noise, Vibration,
FREQUENTLY: Sitting, Standing, Walking, Talking, Grasping, Lifting:
10-25 lbs., Carrying: 10-25 lbs., Eye/Hand Coordination (Foot),
Fine Manipulation, Color Vision, Peripheral Vision, Depth
Perception, Discriminating Colors
CONTINUOUSLY: Close Vision, Distance Vision, Ability to Adjust
Focus, Thinking Analytically, Effective Communication:
Verbal/Written, Handling Stress & Emotions, Concentrating on Tasks,
Remember Details, Making Decisions, Adjusting to Changes,
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their
descendants and spouses, and to shareholders of other corporations
created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in
accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code
Additionally, STG's policy is to select, place, train and promote
the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as
work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal
employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with
applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to
non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex,
national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship,
genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable,
Calista's policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff,
compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is STG's business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable
accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to
all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to
describe the general content and requirements for performance of
this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job
duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Keywords: Calista, Anchorage , Project Coordinator **PENDING AWARD**, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!