Company: The Lakefront Anchorage
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Safety and Security Officer is responsible for providing protection and communication with hotel guests and employees. He/she is also responsible for patrolling hotel premises to maintain security, detect and report fire, security and safety hazards and/or violations of Highgate Hotel's rules and regulations.
- Use proper radio etiquette at all times.
- Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor and the front door of the hotel by remaining in the Lobby area when not on property walks.
- Maintain and review daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and employee incidents.
- Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning and end of shift.
- Check ID of visitors/employees as necessary.
- Access secured areas for authorized personnel.
- Maintain an awareness of legal limitation of position (local, state and/or federal ordinances).
- Assist guests to their rooms or assist guest's w/entry into their rooms according to hotel standards.
- Assist during medical emergencies.
- Respond to emergency situations, including medical, security, guest complaints, etc.
- Investigate assault complaints.
- Assist outside agencies, as necessary, to maintain effective liaison.
- Respond to altercations, and investigate.
- Have knowledge of hotel and guestroom locking systems.
- Monitor TV cameras, if applicable.
- Administer First Aid/CPR as necessary.
- Challenge suspicious persons.
- Check safety hazards.
- Administer Heimlich Maneuver and or First Aid/CPR as necessary
- Complete Incident/Accident reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Monitor employees as they enter and exit the building.
- Conduct investigations relative to property losses, guest and employee accidents, and illnesses and crimes against the hotel.
- Document all deliveries.
- Patrol area to insure that areas are secure and free of unauthorized persons and disturbances.
- Provide escorts to persons carrying money, or other requests.
- Issue and inventory pagers, radio equipment and keys on a daily bases, if applicable.
Keywords: The Lakefront Anchorage, Anchorage , Security Officer, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
here to apply!