Security Officer (Intermittent)
Company: Goldbelt Falcon, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Security Officer (Intermittent) Company Goldbelt Security, LLC
(Commercial) Work Location Anchorage, AK Req ID 13063 Apply Now
Security Officer (Intermittent) Anchorage, AK Employment Type:
Intermittent Clearance Requirements: Background Check FLSA Status:
Non-Exempt (Hourly) Eligible for Remote Work: No SUMMARY The
Security Officer, working independently or as part of a team, is
responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and security of
assets, personnel, and others at his/her assigned site. This
position provides DHSS transport via airline or vehicle. JOB
- Report as directed to local facility where client under
jurisdiction of the State of Alask Court system is being secured,
assess client ability to be transported safely to receiving
- Complete transport by company-owned or -rented vehicle and/or
chartered or commercial airline as directed by originating
facility. When transporting by vehicle the client shall always be
secured in rear seat passengers' side of vehicle.
- Must be able to restrain clients properly during
- Obtain food and beverage for client as need arises.
- All transports will be completed in scheduled airlines or
company rented vehicles.
- The transport officer shall never be assigned to transport more
than one client at a time. NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Communicate with the client in a calm manner.
- Obtain compliance through explaining the process to the
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with Clients and the public using tact and
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally
and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions,
including company policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and
- Ability to observe and record events accurately.
- Ability to use common sense and good judgment when making
decisions within scope of authority.
- Ability to learn and apply specialized security/protection
techniques, methods and procedures.
- Ability to analyze problems and situations and take prompt
- Ability to enforce regulations and rules effectively.
- Ability to recognize an emergency or immediate threat and take
appropriate action in a mature, controlled manner, applying
existing policies and guidelines.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the job.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working
relationships with others.
- Ability to work directly with the public.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of computer software systems
including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Deltek timekeeping.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skill)
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED);
- Must be at least 18 years of age; AND
- Must have 12 months experience as a licensed security guard;
- Ability to obtain a Security Guard license issued by the State
of Alaska; AND
- Ability to pass a background check; AND
- If applicable, ability to obtain basic first aid and CPR
certification within 3 months of hire; AND
- Must pass a drug screen; AND
- If applicable, Valid drivers license and clean driving
- Must have or obtain basic first aid and CPR certification prior
to authorization to tranport DHSS client PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
(education and experience)
- Six (6) months of experience in a work environment requiring
safety and security precautions; i.e. previous military, law
enforcement or security experience. WORKING CONDITIONS This work is
completed within Secure facilities, i.e. Correctional and/or
hospital facilities and/or Court facilities. Care must be taken
anytime client is being transferred between
facilities/vehicles/aircraft, or court rooms/buildings. The work is
performed at the Clients work site, which may be inside or outside
a building, with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable
crises situations. The position may work outside with constant
exposure to the elements and constant contact and interaction with
the public which may include dealing with irate or confused people.
May be subject to environmental allergens, irate or intoxicated
individuals, and vulgar language. Irregular work hours, nights,
weekends, holidays, and on-call duty may be required. The work
sites are non-smoking facilities with designated outside-smoking
areas. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require duties on foot in the assigned area,
exposed to the elements. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is constantly required to walk, stand, step up and
down from curb, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, use hands
and fingers to operate, hold, handle, or feel objects and tools.
May occasionally need to climb stairs or run. Back
Keywords: Goldbelt Falcon, LLC, Anchorage , Security Officer (Intermittent), Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!