Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description Job Description:Leidos is a Fortune 500--- company
aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing
challenges. Through science and technology,Are you tired of working
60+ hours a week? Are you looking for a better Work Life Balance?
At Leidos, Work Life Balance is not just a catch phrase, it's a way
of life. We expect our employees to work a normal 40 hour week. If
this sounds good to you, we invite you to explore our job
opportunities with Leidos.We are seeking a talented and energetic
candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the
country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our
programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment,
enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team
that encourages your career development and growth. In this role,
you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task
management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to
convey complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve
complex problems using available tools.Leidos is looking for a
Systems Engineer to join our team in Anchorage, Alaska. The ideal
candidate will support the FAA Weather Camera Program. Primary
Tasks will be to:
- Provide a comprehensive review and analysis of all aspects of
system development including but not limited to mission needs
assessment, system design, site selections, planning, deployment,
site troubleshooting, and verification of system performance.
- Understand the environmental and logistical challenges of
different sites across Alaska, Hawaii, and Lower 48.
- Able to work with remote team members and provide timely, clear
instruction. This will require an in-depth understanding of system
infrastructure.Position approximately requires 10-20% travel.For
additional information: Required Qualifications:
- 4years of experience in Systems Engineering.
- Bachelor degree in related field OR relevantfield with 4 years
relevant experience OR Masters with 2 years of relevant experience.
Additional years of relevant experience will be considered/maybe
accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Have the ability OR skill to perform problem solving OR
demonstrate system thinking.
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with government, vendors, and other
stakeholdersfor problem resolution.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Alaska remote technical and engineering experience with Weather
Camera OR similar systems.
- Be willing and able to climb towers up to 60 feet.
- Experience and willingness to travel to remote Alaska sites and
work in rugged conditions any time of year. Also potential for
traveling to Hawaii sites and Lower 48.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Security Clearance. Preferred
- Tower Climbing and Rescue Climbing Certifications highly
- Experience leading a team.
- Project management experience.Leidos is growing! Connect with
us onandPay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 -
$162,000.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Anchorage , Systems Engineer, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!