AnchorageRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Anchorage jobs

Marine Operations Employee

Company: Cook Inlet
Location: Anchorage
Posted on: January 24, 2023

Job Description:

North Slope Marine Operations Employee







We are Alaska's tug and barge company - and are growing.



Cook Inlet Tug & Barge has provided marine services since 1924. We specialize in harbor services and fuel distribution throughout South Central, Southeast and Western Alaska. Visit www.cookinlettug.com to learn more about us.







Why Cook Inlet Tug & Barge?



Simply put, Cook Inlet Tug & Barge is a team of exceptional merchant mariners. If you are looking for adventure, flexible seasonal work, and enjoy what you do, this is an opportunity of a lifetime! Here, you will be professionally challenged in a remote environment with a stunning backdrop to add to your life experiences.







Job Summary



Working under the direction of the Operations Manager, the NS Operations employees will Maintain operations of equipment at Prudhoe Bay and operates machinery, such as hyster, 966 loader and various other equipment as needed. In addition, you will work with customers and vendors as needed to ensure the smooth operations for business needs.







Get your application in today at: https://www.cookinlettug.com/careers!







Roles and Responsibilities







As Marine Operations Employee you are responsible to:





* Maintain and repair all equipment and tools

* Surveys equipment and drafts accurate maintenance and repair specifications

* Ensures materials and repair procedures meet regulatory standards and specifications

* Establishes and executes a comprehensive preventative maintenance schedule

* Oversees and manages the maintenance and repair activities of personnel, vendors, and selected contractors

* Effectively communicates maintenance and repair plans and schedules with the Operations Manager

* Safe loading and operation of equipment on Barge







Qualifications:



High school diploma required, vocational training certificates, practical experience with industrial equipment, diesel engines, and electrical power generation preferred. Experience in the marine industry is required to the degree that nomenclature and terminology are requirements for effective communication. Familiarity with marine cargo operations, and proper securing and lashing techniques is necessary. Requires certification in CPR and first aid.











Skills:





* Requires good verbal and written skills to communicate with employees, supervisors, vendors, and customers

* Organizational skills are required to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and to prioritize critical tasks, with overall approval from the operations manager

* Technical skills in machinery and maintenance are required

* Ability to work long and irregular hours during the season in Alaska are required

* Effective speaking and listening skills over the telephone, VHF, and single sideband radios

* Knowledge of how to interpret technical data from blueprint drawings and manufacturers manuals

* Ability to learn Barge Load Planning and complete Load Planning







Working conditions:



Approximately 20% of the work is conducted in a normal office environment; the remaining 80% is performed in the field around the vicinity of heavy equipment. High noise levels exist, and hearing protection is required. Requires routine exposure to potentially hazardous airborne particles and chemical hazards, protective safety equipment must be used. Must be able to work at heights of 85 feet above water and handle a lot of stress in emergency situations. May be required to work more than a normal workweek, including weekends. Travel may also be required. Availability to work on a 24 hour around the clock basis in highly remote areas. Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement.











Cook Inlet Tug & Barge is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. We are a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.



Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled

Keywords: Cook Inlet, Anchorage , Marine Operations Employee, Other , Anchorage, Alaska

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category
within


Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Alaska jobs by following @recnetAK on Twitter!

Anchorage RSS job feeds