Company: Fresenius Kidney Care - Alaska
Posted on: August 4, 2022
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Acts in a case management capacity by
initiating the patient intake, working closely with physician
partners and discharge planners, obtaining medical records in a
timely manner. Receives and processes calls and emails for patient
admission into clinics and home programs. Coordinates inbound
referral calls and admissions for specified area obtaining and
entering the pertinent patient data into the database in compliance
with assigned unit and company standard operating procedures and
all local, state and federal regulatory requirements. PRINCIPAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves in a case management capacity by initiating the intake
of patient. Liaison with the referral sources, clinics and
discharge planners. Obtains medical records in a timely manner to
ensure an expedited admissions process.
- Serves as the primary contact for the initial administration of
patient referral calls and communications regarding patient
admission to the clinics (chronic and/or acute) and home
- Coordinates the admissions process from the initial request for
admission to patient placement in preferred clinic.
- Ensures all intake data for admissions requests are collected,
completed and communicated according to the established standard
operating procedures and in compliance with all regulatory
requirements. May require navigation with various levels of clinic
and management staff.
- Obtains the necessary information - demographic, financial and
clinical and other pertinent data - through contact and/or
interview with referral agency, patient or patient representative
to initiate the process.
- During transient or busy periods will assist other teams in the
processing of referrals/calls.
- Interviews patient, patient's representative, or referral
source to obtain the necessary personal and financial data to
determine eligibility for admission.
- Obtains necessary signatures to ensure the efficient processing
of admissions data according to FMCNA policies and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate call tracking and admissions program
systems applications to ensure accurate documentation of
- Maintains and updates database with current data, pertinent
information, and status of the admissions referral as appropriate,
recording details of the enquiry/referral, complaints and issues.
Utilizes the Notes section consistently and accurately for tracking
- Completes the preliminary paperwork and standard admissions
forms to ensure efficient processing of admissions.
- Coordinates with management and physician partners to establish
appropriate placement of patients according to capacity of relevant
- Promotes the efficiency of admissions process by answering
phones and assisting callers in a professional and timely manner
escalating issues to manager as necessary.
- Works closely with applicable billing groups as needed.
- Communicates with individual clinics as needed based on current
admissions process and prompt scheduling of patients and forwards
necessary documents and records to the appropriate receiving
facilities in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with facility staff and various levels of
management to effectively resolve issues impacting a patient's
- Immediately communicates to manager any admissions issues with
clinics or billing groups for further action and communication with
- Other duties as assigned. EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and
Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 4 - 6 years' related experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication, organizational and
interpersonal skills required.
- Detail oriented with the ability to enter information
accurately into a database system.
- Working knowledge of standard office applications - email, word
processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Ability to adapt to change and support new policies and
procedures in a positive manner.
Keywords: Fresenius Kidney Care - Alaska, Anchorage , Admissions Coordinator, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!