Company: Bristol Alliance of Companies
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Bristol Environmental Remediation Services, LLC is seeking a
qualified Geologist in our Anchorage, AK location. Responsibilities
include preparing planning documents and reports; preparing for
field sampling activities; field logistics; performing
investigations/assessments, site characterizations, and remediation
work; documenting all field activities; assisting the Project
Manager in obtaining subcontractors, and providing subcontractor
oversight. Work may include logging soil borings, describing
lithology, reviewing and interpreting hydrogeologic and geologic
data, and preparing cross-sections.
- Prepare Planning Documents and Reports for environmental
projects including Preliminary Assessments / Site Inspections,
Remedial Investigations / Feasibility Studies, site investigations,
site characterizations, and remediation projects.
- Perform Field Sampling Activities - Identifying equipment
needed for field activities; field screening and collecting
environmental samples including soil, groundwater, air, sediment
and surface water samples for field screening and laboratory
analysis; site reconnaissance, slug testing, gauging and product
removal; performing work in accordance with local and federal laws,
and in a safe manner.
- Perform Field Logistics - Coordinating with subcontractors;
performing utility locates, mobilizing and demobilizing to/from the
work site (work includes travel and field activities throughout
Alaska and the Lower 48); sample shipping.
- Supervise Subcontractors, including drillers, geophysical
surveyors, excavation service providers, laboratories, land
surveyors, etc.; direct the installation and development of
monitoring, remediation, and pilot study wells
- Document Field Activities - Record field data, analyze and
interpret findings; compile and complete field notes; organize and
file data (electronically).
Bachelor's Degree in Geology.
Must meet requirements of ADEC Qualified Environmental Professional
and/or Sampler as defined in -Title 18 Alaska Administrative Code
(AAC) Chapter 75, Section 333 (18 AAC 75.333) -(ADEC, 2021).
Required Knowledge or Skills
- Conduct multi-media sampling collection, knowledge and use of
field instruments and familiarity with GPS.
- Experience using gINT boring log program.
- Commit to field schedules ranging from 1 day to 6 weeks in a
variety of weather conditions throughout Alaska and the Lower
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically and
creatively, draw conclusions and make appropriate
- Ability to interpret geologic data and prepare cross
- Excellent writing, organizational, and computer skills (Excel
- Ability to prioritize and organize, work well under stress,
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with
- Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Experience with USACE UFP-QAPP
- Field sampling experience, including collection of soil,
sediment, groundwater, and surface water samples.
- Familiarity with incremental sampling methodology
Keywords: Bristol Alliance of Companies, Anchorage , Geologist, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!