Posted on: May 14, 2022
Position Purpose/Summary The Circuit Provisioner is committed to
providing the highest quality of service to the communities,
customers, and employees we serve and is dedicated to fulfilling
our customers' needs by initiating and tracking all orders for
circuits, lines, porting, and any other associated service(s).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors status of dispatched trouble tickets, service orders
and cable locate for timely completion as directed by the
- Research service history for preparation of line
- Familiar with the types of switches and software used in each
exchange and the processes for accessing and completing programming
in each. Performs troubleshooting and research in order to complete
programming changes in the switch.
- Serves as a liaison and resource to Operations and Customer
- Maintains accuracy of plant facility records by updating
circuit and cable records, contacting technicians to resolve
questions, inconsistencies, or missing data and updating the
irregular plant list.
- Reads, interprets, and works with OSP Engineers to ensure all
cutsheets and as-builts received are updated and are sent to
dispatch to be completed.
- Updates equipment spreadsheets and completes and tracks
material requests. Gathers data from multiple telecommunications
equipment and creates reports.
- Read and understand various types of schematic drawings (street
or system design maps) to facilitate remote provisioning.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of products, services, and
- Keeps informed of tariff revisions, regulatory requirements,
and the company's policies and procedures related to current and
new service product offerings.
- Provides support; including troubleshooting Internet Services,
Video, Phone, Special Circuits, and familiarity with the processes
to provision each system.
- Trains technicians and coworkers on existing processes and
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of customer service
processes and procedures, including the ability to read and
interpret customer account information to ensure the accurate
completion of service orders and the ability to recognize errors
and inconsistent data.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of outside plant design,
line installation, central office equipment, and advanced circuit
- Assists technicians with central office equipment and outside
- Responds to customer service/billing specialist questions
regarding circuit information.
- Works with Central Office Engineers to ensure new equipment
that is installed are accurately updated.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of number porting and the
- Reads, interprets, and creates circuit layout records.
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner
through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with
customers/public, fellow employees, and vendors.
- Ability to use appropriate computer programs (including, but
not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite) which includes having
proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn as
programs and processes change.
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work
independently to reach a goal.
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging
others to seek innovative approaches.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with Company's Customer
Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) regulations and
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, as needed, to best
serve our customers.
- Knowledge of how all departments contribute to the success of
the organization and referring customers and employees to the
appropriate department to best fulfill their needs. Qualifications
At a minimum, the Circuit Provisioning Specialist must have high
school diploma or equivalent and 2-years of relevant experience.
Telecommunications experience preferred. Computer literate,
excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills,
excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills. Physical
Select one the following for the each of the items listed
- N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this
- O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33%
of the time or 0 - 2.5+ hours/day.
- F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66%
of the time or 2.5-5.5+ hours/day.
- C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than
66% of the time or 5.5+ hours/day. Standing N ? O ? F ? C ? Walking
N ? O ? F ? C ? Sitting N ? O ? F ? C ? Reach Outward N ? O ? F ? C
? Reach Above Shoulder N ? O ? F ? C ? Climbing N ? O ? F ? C ?
Crawling N ? O ? F ? C ? Squatting/Kneeling N ? O ? F ? C ? Bending
N ? O ? F ? C ? Keyboarding N ? O ? F ? C ? Driving N ? O ? F ? C ?
Hearing N ? O ? F ? C ? Communicating N ? O ? F ? C ? Perceiving N
? O ? F ? C ? Outdoor Climate N ? O ? F ? C ? Various Terrain N ? O
? F ? C ? Cramped Workspace N ? O ? F ? C ? Lift/Carry: Up to 10
lbs N ? O ? F ? C ? Up to 20 lbs N ? O ? F ? C ? Up to 50 lbs N ? O
? F ? C ? Up to 75 lbs N ? O ? F ? C ? Up to 100 lbs N ? O ? F ? C
? 100+ lbs N ? O ? F ? C ? Push/Pull: Up to 10 lbs N ? O ? F ? C ?
Up to 20 lbs N ? O ? F ? C ? Up to 50 lbs N ? O ? F ? C ? Up to 75
lbs N ? O ? F ? C ? Up to 100 lbs N ? O ? F ? C ? 100+ lbs N ? O ?
F ? C ? Disclosure The Company has reviewed this job description to
ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been
included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations
and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional
functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed
appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of
employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job
description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the
Company may deem appropriate. American Broadband, and all
subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.
Keywords: TelAlaska, Anchorage , Circuit Provisioner, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!