Mortgage Closing Supervisor
Company: Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Overview:Reports To: Mortgage Closing Manager
Functions Supervised: Closer I, II, II
Primary Functions: Responsible for timely and accurate mortgage
loan closing and daily supervision of mortgage closing staff in
Glendale, Arizona Operations Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume certain supervisory responsibilities as assigned by
management, such as: a. organize loan files to ensure work is
completed timely as directed by Mortgage Loan Closing Manager; b.
assist in training new closers; c. provide guidance and assistance
to the closing and corrections teams as necessary; d. provide
feedback for performance reviews.
- Perform loan closing tasks as described in Mortgage Loan Closer
III job description as needed to ensure team continues to meet
established turn-time requirements.
- Act as back-up Mortgage Loan Disbursement Officer performing
duties as described in this position's job description.
- Ensure that loan disbursement activities are done accurately
and timely for boarding to the servicing system.
- Ensure all closers have prepared files accurately and timely
for transfer to the Loan Delivery department.
- Coordinate with Corrections and Loan Delivery teams to make
certain corrections for pending purchases or mortgage insurance are
obtained timely, to meet investor and agency requirements.
- Conduct periodic audits of random samples of closed loans to
ensure all closing documents have been scanned into the imaging
system, and are complete and legible.
- Communicate and coordinate with originating and underwriting
staff to facilitate excellent member service.
- Review current practices and procedures and provide
recommendations to senior management regarding changes that may
enhance member service, or improve efficiency within the
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:Education: High
school graduate or equivalent.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Not applicable
Experience/Skills: Proficient in typing, use of calculator by
touch, and proficient in the use of personal computer systems. Good
communication skills and a thorough knowledge of mortgage loan
closing documentation requirements. Must have a minimum of three
years management/supervisory experience with demonstrated ability
to train staff. Must be able to perform duties independently with
minimal supervision. Must have demonstrated an ability to routinely
close a high volume of loans without errors. Advanced industry
courses in real estate lending and closing recommended.
Tenure: Not Applicable
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, Anchorage , Mortgage Closing Supervisor, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!