Branch Team Lead - East Anchorage
Company: Nuvision Federal Credit Union
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Contact us today to learn more! External Applicants: This
position is eligible for a sign-on bonus!The Branch Team Lead
exists in any size branch. Under minimal supervision, the Branch
Team Lead performs a wide variety of complex duties related to
handling member transactions such as: receiving and disbursing
funds, posting deposits, loan and VISA payments, making account
transfers, making cash advances, recommending other products and
services, performing all types of withdrawals, account maintenance,
and opening all deposit account types (including business services
accounts).The Branch Team Lead (BTL) is responsible for
cross-selling all credit union products and services, and meeting
minimum referral standards (core/non-core products and services),
including Investment Services, first mortgages, insurance products
and AUTOLAND (Car Buying Service). Also insures that the
Relationship Specialist staff that they supervise meets the minimum
referral standards. The Branch Team Lead is expected to lead
morning sales huddles and evening debriefs of sales results.The
Branch Team Lead is comprehensively cross-trained to handle
services such as: issuing temporary cards, re-pinning existing
cards, ordering new cards or instant-issue debit cards in the
branch, setting up online banking, issuing temporary checks,
retrieving copy images of checks, and performing account
allocations according to a member request. The Branch Team Lead
maintains records of cash advances and balances all of the above
including a daily cash drawer.The Branch Team Lead ensures member
transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner to make
sure that Credit Union member service goals are achieved. The
Branch Team Lead may also be called upon to assist with training
new RS I and II, assist with daily balancing, and branch fine cash
count. Additionally, the Branch Team Lead is responsible for staff
scheduling, approvals and overrides of transactions, and vault
duties such as selling and ordering cash and coin, and may be asked
for input to the performance review process for RS I and II.The
position is also responsible for approving checks, large deposits
or other items not within the RS I and II limits. The Branch Team
Lead performs all functions of the RS I and II proficiently in
addition to having the authority to open and/or close a branch. The
value the Branch Team Lead adds to the organization is: it allows
for immediate approval authority, performs overrides for RS and
other frontline staff, allows personalized service and provides
opportunities to conduct needs-based sales using referrals of other
credit union products and services that support various production
- Performs all RS duties: account maintenance, receiving and
disbursing funds, posting deposits and loan payments, transfers,
cash advances, and all types of withdrawals (cash and checks), cash
- Assists the Branch in achieving Sales goals through
cross-selling and referrals, both personally and by training and
coaching the RS staff. Is also expected to lead morning sales
huddles and evening sales results debriefs. Insuring that they and
their RS staff achieve minimum referral standards.
- Performs a wide variety of account maintenance such as change
of address and name changes.
- Required to complete monthly compliance training and all other
credit union training offered to RS. Completes the Branch Team Lead
- Balances cash drawer.
- Assists with vault transactions, performs scheduling, overrides
and approvals, signature guarantees, sells and orders cash and
- Opens all deposit account types (including business service
accounts), processing Harland American check orders and issuing of
temporary checks. Processes plastic card services such as issuing
temporary cards, repining existing cards and ordering new
- Conducts all daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational,
transactional and fraud audits and submits final reports to branch
- Open and/or close Branch in absence of Branch Sales Manager or
by Branch operations schedule. Disburse cash if opening Branch, or
balance cash drawer if closing Branch. Perform all other required
operational and procedural duties.
- Participate in the selection, advancement, or counseling of the
RS staff by providing feedback to the BSM during the interview,
performance appraisal and/or disciplinary process.
- Participate in special projects as directed by Branch
- Support and participate in continuous improvement
- Represent the Credit Union in a positive and professional
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with
- Treats all co-workers and members with respectQualifications:
- 2 years progressive experience in sales and/or operations. 18
months Lead Teller experience
- Knowledge of cash handling and negotiable items.
- Knowledge of BSA, Regulation CC, D, E and all other pertinent
- Comprehensive knowledge of all deposit and loan products and
- Knowledge of all applicable Federal, State and NCUA
- Demonstrated ability to operate office machines to include
10-key and PC.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal
- Excellent cash balancing record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem
solving, member service, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and guidance, and
work as a team member of a diverse group.
- Must present a professional demeanor
- Computer Literate
- Knowledge of Outlook and be able to compute interest on
savings, loans, and certificates.
- Capable of working under pressure and with frequent
- Be able to demonstrate use of sound judgment (check holds,
member concerns, basic employee issues, scheduling conflicts,
- Be able to multi-task.
- Completion of STAR Program for Deposit ServicesEducation: High
School or EquivalentWebsite: nuvisionfederal.com/careersBenefits:
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition ReimbursementCovid-19 Precaution(s):
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- In-Person Interview required for Front-Line Positions
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place
Keywords: Nuvision Federal Credit Union, Anchorage , Branch Team Lead - East Anchorage, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!