Company: ASRC Federal Holding Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Buyer
performs a wide range of purchasing activities in support of ISS2 -
GSL mission to include PHQ and the remote sites. The primary
purpose of the Buyer position is the purchasing of materials,
equipment, supplies and services from local and nationwide
commercial businesses. The Buyer interact regularly with people in
various positions in the Company and externally. They must maintain
a good company image and supplier relations through daily business
* Utilize Company automated maintenance and procurement systems
(Costpoint) in the order, receipt, and shipment of material,
records, mail, and/or equipment. Utilize vendor internet interfaces
to track incoming shipments.
* Analyze Purchase Requisitions (PR) for appropriate authorization
level, specifications, shipping, and delivery requirements.
Proactively resolves customer issues by going beyond the request to
understand the need. Issue Requests for Quotation (RFQ).
* Award and administer Purchase Orders (PO) and subcontracts used
to purchase material, equipment, tools, food, supplies,
transportation, services and utilities for internal customers on
authority of approved requisitions and in accordance with Federal
Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and contract requirements. Develop
most suitable purchasing arrangements for commodities. Establish
blanket POs for extended term purchases.
* Track the status of commercial purchases. Respond expeditiously
to requests for information regarding the status of these
purchases. Produce reports to assist internal customers with status
* Contact vendors to follow up on POs and the status of overdue
deliveries. Evaluate vendor performance and provides feedback to
the Logistics Manager to facilitate proactive continuous process
* Maintain and review vendor catalogs, GSA Advantage and other
publications to ensure best price and product, and to develop other
sources of supply. Use reason, judgment, and logic to select the
best vendors and shipping methods. Determine that prices paid are
fair and reasonable and perform cost analysis. Source continuously
for improved and/or less costly materials and supplies.
* Maintain effective communications with customers and take
proactive measures to meet lead-time required for obtaining
materials. Keep requestor apprised of any change in price or
specifications, and of restrictions on materials that might affect
* Document all purchases in accordance with applicable contractor
and Government requirements. Justify procurement actions that
represent a departure from normal procedures. Maintain Federally
complaint PO files at all time. Compliance is 50% of the job.
* Maintain a suspense file of POs, shipping and receipt documents
for each order until order is complete. Convert completed suspense
files and maintain as the Master File.
* Coordinate invoices with Accounts Payable and revise POs to
reflect credits, cores, and returns.
* Monitor equipment cores and coordinate with the Expediters to
track shipments with associated cores to ensure timely returns of
cores to the vendor for credit. Revise PO to reflect core
* Proactively plan and coordinate work activities with all affected
parties and remote sites to meet outcomes beneficial to the
customer and project needs.
* Be familiar with and comply with Operating Instructions,
Administration Instructions, Operations and Maintenance Procedures,
Task Orders, Personnel Policies and Procedures and the systems,
procedures and equipment applicable to the job
* Assist in preparation of contract submissions and reports.
* Perform administrative duties and maintains assigned workplace,
materials, and equipment in a safe, secure, and neat manner.
Maintain records and files related to job responsibilities.
* Must be a US citizen and have ability to pass a background.
* High School Diploma.
* A minimum of three (3) years of experience using commercial
purchasing procedures for a wide range of specialized maintenance
materials, supplies, and equipment to include:
* Knowledge of local and beyond supply sources;
* Work with local vendor lines;
* Use of automated purchasing systems;
* Ability to project supply requirements
* Substitution: Formal purchasing or contracting education may be
substituted for one year of experience; e.g., some graduate level
education in purchasing or commercial purchasing seminars and
* Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience working with, Federal
Acquisition Regulations (FARs).
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of maintenance management
* Demonstrated ability to review paperwork for completeness,
appropriateness, and conformity to established policies and
procedures. Ability to successfully write memoranda and
correspondence relating to job duties.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based, service-oriented
environment. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal
skills to interact tactfully and resourcefully with co-workers,
vendors, and internal and external customer representatives. Good
verbal communication skills and ability to demonstrate telephone
professionalism and etiquette required.
* Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and ability to
proactively assist customers with their immediate and long-term
* Ability to be flexible while still maintaining high standards of
professionalism in order to perform under deadlines and manage
multiple priorities in a volatile and diverse environment.
* Demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to work
independently and prioritize daily work assignments.
* Proven ability to work accurately. Skill in comparing data from a
variety of sources for completion of all details. Competent in
identifying discrepancies and making corrections.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color,
age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin,
religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by
Keywords: ASRC Federal Holding Company, Anchorage , Buyer, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!