Resident Guide I/Nursing Assistant (Part Time)
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Providence is calling a Resident Guide I/Nursing Assistant
(Variable shifts, 0.6 FTE/24 hours a week) to Providence Horizon
House in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers
delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care
that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate understanding of and carry out individual resident
care according to the philosophy and mission of Providence St.
Joseph Health, Providence Horizon House, and the Resident Service
Agreement. Assists residents with personal care functions
including: dental and mouth care, bathing, dressing and grooming,
hair care, nail care, shaving, bowel and bladder care, and other
personal and hygiene care. Assure all resident calls for assistance
are answered promptly. Promotes autonomy of residents in
- Measure and record vital signs, weights, bowel records, and
other required documentation clearly. Report changes observed in
residents to the Nurse in a timely manner. Perform safety checks as
indicated in service agreement.
- Work in a spirit of cooperation with new and experienced
Nursing Assistants and Certified Nursing Assistants with unfamiliar
routines. Communicate with coworkers at all levels to meet needs of
- Assist with and/or performs restorative and rehabilitative
procedures as outlined and assigned by the service agreement and
Physical Therapy providers.
- Assist with transporting of residents and participating with
activities as needed.
- Assist with moving, positioning and transporting residents into
and out of beds, chairs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist with transporting residents to Dining Room and/or
serving meals, and other nutritional snacks per Recommended Daily
Allowance (RDA) guidelines and stated preferences of the resident.
Responsible for following all food safety rules, and monitoring
refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Keep all areas of Horizon House clean, performing routine
housekeeping duties. Make occupied and unoccupied beds and change
bed linens. Launder clothing, linen and other articles.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident medical and personal
information obtained while performing the duties of the job.
- Follow established safety precautions and observe, monitor and
intervene in or report to the Nurse any unsafe conditions. Report
accidents and incidents when they occur. Report any resident abuse
or suspected abuse to the Nurse immediately.
Required qualification for this position include:
- Certification in first aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
(CPR) within 4 months of hire
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 6 months experience as a nurse aide, nursing assistant or
About Horizon House
Horizon House is an assisted living community where most
residents have more autonomy than in a long term care facility.
There are 60 apartments and two cottages; some with double rooms.
The homelike atmosphere and two outdoor garden areas make for a
pleasant atmosphere for residents and staff alike.
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Anchorage , Resident Guide I/Nursing Assistant (Part Time), Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!