Posted on: June 12, 2021
CopperPoint Insurance Companies has an exciting opportunity for
two Associate Underwriters working in Anchorage, Alaska. The
Associate Underwriter assists and supports the underwriter in their
pursuit of the short and long term business strategies enabling the
company to effectively achieve profit and growth objectives. Review
and request necessary underwriting information to facilitate policy
issuance and maintenance. Operates within the assigned authority
level for their position.
- Responsible for the end-to-end handling of new business,
renewals, endorsements and cancellations as well as preparation and
distribution of proposals and binders for assigned
- Reviews all risk and exposure information in rating system for
- Review collected information for completeness and accuracy and
request additional information from the agency when necessary.
- Perform underwriting reviews on renewals by reviewing
operations and exposures, loss experience, loss control reports and
- Process BOR/BOS for existing business.
- Provide clear, timely and professional communication to agency
- Review and accurately process endorsements, including premium
and non-premium bearing endorsements in accordance with delegated
- Serves as the primary point of contact for servicing needs on
- Maintains the highest level of customer service internally and
- Complete special projects as assigned by manager and perform
other duties as requested.
- BS/BA college degree. The knowledge and skill levels acquired
through undergraduate level studies especially in the areas of
business administration, finance or marketing.
- Minimum 4+ years of full-time work experience in insurance can
be utilized on a year for year basis as a substitute for a
- Knowledge and/or experience with commercial lines of insurance;
i.e. classification and experience rating.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to partner effectively with their assigned
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize heavy workloads.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in written
Founded in 1925, CopperPoint Insurance Companies is a leading
provider of workers' compensation and commercial insurance
solutions. With an expanded Line of insurance products and a
growing ten-state footprint in the western United States,
CopperPoint embodies stability for policyholders in Alaska,
Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon,
Utah, and Washington. CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Holding Company
is the corporate parent of Arizona-based CopperPoint Insurance
Companies, California-based Pacific Compensation Insurance Company,
Alaska National Insurance Company, and other CopperPoint Insurance
CopperPoint's culture of compassion extends to the community
through employee volunteerism, corporate matching, Board service,
program sponsorships and in-kind contributions. We empower
employees by providing 12-hours of paid volunteer time annually and
matching their personal contribution to the charities of their
choice up to $500 per year. In 2019, CopperPoint employees reported
3,500 volunteer hours.
CopperPoint offers a competitive compensation package and
comprehensive benefits package including major medical, dental,
vision and a wide range of competitive benefits programs, generous
matching contributions to your 401(k) plan, generous paid time off,
tuition reimbursement and other education benefits and business
casual dress. CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic
information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected
by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free
Keywords: CopperPoint, Anchorage , Associate Underwriter, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!