Medical Technologist - St. Elias *On-Call*
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Providence is calling a Medical Technologist (Laboratory,
Variable, 0.0 FTE) to St Elias Specialty Hospital in Anchorage,
Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on
our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for
all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Perform laboratory testing following all regulatory procedures
as outlined in accordance with department, hospital and national
- Perform a variety of determinations on clinical specimens;
confirms and verifies test results and reports findings to
- Collect, or assist in the collection of, blood samples from
hospital patients or employees utilizing proper collection
- Perform and review quality controls in testing; decides if
results are within acceptable ranges, researches problems and
corrects. Performs appropriate documentation according to
- Take an active role in laboratory supply management.
- Prepare specimens to be stored or transported to the reference
- Advise clinicians and other health care providers on proper
methods of collection of specimens.
- Operate, calibrate, and conduct performance checks on clinical
- Utilize Laboratory Information System (LIS) in daily work.
- Participate in, and follows, all Quality Assurance & Quality
- Participate in continuing education in the clinical laboratory
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in
Medical Laboratory Technology or related area of specialty -OR- 4
years of related medical technology experience; -OR- Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Certification/registration or certification/registry eligible
as a Medical Technologist, or Medical Laboratory Scientist.
About St. Elias Specialty Hospital
St. Elias Specialty Hospital is owned by Providence Health
System. The hospital has 59 beds, almost all private rooms. The
facility features state of the art equipment to provide extended
inpatient acute care for patients.
At St. Elias Specialty Hospital, we provide customized,
physician-driven services for patients requiring longer stays in an
acute care environment due to multiple or complex medical
conditions. We are not a permanent placement for patients; rather
we are an answer for many patients who are acutely ill and need to
take the first steps towards rehabilitation or home.
Most of our patients are admitted from a traditional acute care
hospital, often from the Intensive Care Unit. Families of patients
are welcome to contact us to see if we might be an option for their
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Anchorage , Medical Technologist - St. Elias *On-Call*, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!