Bering Straits Native Corporation (BSNC) is an Alaskan Native
owned corporation. BSNC is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable
Specialist II. Duties include, preparing, processing, and
administering invoices for multiple subsidiaries. Accounting and
clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing
of accounts payable transactions for Bering Straits Native
Corporation and Its Subsidiaries. Supervision of the position is
exercised by the Accounts Payable Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to
present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for
this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed
within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review invoices and check requests for accuracy and
- Assembles documents for computer input, verifying accuracy of
itemized charges, accounts numbers, total costs and obtain required
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and
- Enter invoices into the accounting system for multiple
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks and ACH
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and expense
- Review vendor statements, invoices, investigate and resolve
- Reconcile and process expense reports and company credit card
- Responds to vendor questions, inquiries and
- Provides accounts payable services to staff, projects and
- Assist in month end closing process.
- Coordinate with team during month-end close to ensure
completion on a timely manner
- Assist w/ training and provides day-to-day assistance to the AP
Tech I positions
- Setup new vendors
- Process 1099s
- Manage recurring payments. Ensure payments are made timely and
- Provide backup and support to AP Manager and AP Supervisor
- Take ownership of special projects and/or processes needing
special and/or advanced attention
- Assist with process improvements and documentation
- Performs other related tasks as may be assigned by the AP
Manager and/or Controller
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years continuous, full time accounts payable
tech I level (or above) experience in a high volume
- Ten key by touch.
- Ability to meet weekly deadlines.
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities under
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work in a team
- Dependable and punctual.
- Current experience processing accounts payable in government
contracting, and multi company environment
- Costpoint experience
- Experience with Sharepoint or any other AP invoice routing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography
and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and
- Managing one's own time.
- Using computers and computer system software, enter data, or
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so
others will understand
- Moderate level of computer skills required, including
proficiency using Microsoft Office programs and email system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of
mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining
physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting,
walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is
spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity
to move about. Some lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
Work Environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be borne by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer
screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse
and multi-line telephone system. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference
and background check results to obtain access to military base.
Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must
be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training
and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder
descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum
qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/
Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
We are a drug free workplace.
# of Vacancies