Shareholder Development & Administrative Assistant (SHAREHOLDER ONLY)
Company: Bering Straits Native Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Bering Straits Native Corporation is currently seeking a
qualified shareholder or shareholder descendant Facilities and
Administrative Assistant for the Anchorage Office. This position
will serve as a back up to the receptionist for the Anchorage
Office during absences and times when required by workload or
scheduled events, including daily breaks. This position performs
facilities, reception, and administrative tasks, with special
projects as assigned. The primary function will be facilitating
efficient daily operations within the Anchorage office. This person
will work with all departments within company as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to
present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for
this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed
within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Orders and maintains basic office supplies for all
- Performs kitchen supply inventory to ensure adequate
- Maintains cleanliness in kitchens, conference and break rooms
daily (emptying dishwasher, coffee pots, wiping down counters,
- Ensures that the office machinery is maintained by vendors to
ensure that it is in working order at all times. Coordinates and
schedules maintenance with these vendors.
- Performs standard office duties such as the production of
general office written or electronic correspondence. Type memos,
correspondence, reports, and other documents using word processing
- Assists shareholders with all shareholder forms and
- Performs a variety of general offices duties as assigned.
- Helps others with overflow work or special projects.
- Helps coordinate office and corporate events.
- Schedules and tracks the use of the conference rooms and
various building facilities, and equipment.
- Time, date-stamp, sort and deliver various types of incoming
correspondence (mail, faxes, etc).
- Assures that outgoing mail has the proper postage including
regular mail, FedEx, USPS, etc.
- Operates multi-line telephone, fax machine, copiers, and
postage meter, etc.
- Receives, screens and routes telephone calls to individuals
and/or provides answers.
- Provide basic assistance navigating the website for job
applicants and shareholders.
- Takes and relays clear, accurate messages in a timely
- Greets visitors and notifies the appropriate departments that
they have guests waiting.
- Provides lunch and 15-min break coverage for the primary
receptionist, in addition to providing assistance during times of
- Supports Shareholder Development Benefits for Shareholder and
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- BSNC Shareholder or Shareholder Descendant
- High school diploma or equivalent General Educational
Development (GED) certificate.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in typing and general
- A minimum of one (1) year experience providing customer
- Experience showing good communication, interpersonal,
motivational, and organizational skills.
- Computer related experience to include proficiency with
Microsoft (MS) MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Office365.
- Position requires punctuality and dependability to satisfy
front desk coverage requirements.
- Observance of a level of personal hygiene/appearance that meets
generally accepted business standards and expectations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
such as word processing, managing files and records, designing
forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Managing one's own time and coordinating time with others.
- Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas in writing
so others can understand.
- Willingness to problem-solve challenges as they arise.
- Desire and willingness to identify tasks and complete them
without needing constant direct oversight.
- Desire to learn new skills and abilities.
- Using computers and computer system software, enter data, or
- Skilled, highly organized, and able to work with minimal
- Must be task oriented, self-motivated and have the inherent
ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and work
as a team-player.
- Must have strong attention to detail, accuracy and
- Sufficient language skills to read and comprehend instructions,
correspondence, and memos, write correspondence, and effectively
present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees.
- Basic user knowledge of data base systems and data entry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of
mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Essential and marginal functions require maintaining physical
condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or
standing, sometimes for prolonged periods of time; most of time is
spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity
to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be borne by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer
screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse
and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is
primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference
and background check. Must have reliable transportation to/from
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training
and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder
descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum
qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/
Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
We are a drug free workplace.
# of Vacancies
Keywords: Bering Straits Native Corporation, Anchorage , Shareholder Development & Administrative Assistant (SHAREHOLDER ONLY), Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!