Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business
services in the global market. We offer an exciting work
environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of
the government through a long-range program of business planning,
training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division
of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original
Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims
Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska
Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of
services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience
in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively
innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our
customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense
installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS
locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries
specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services,
construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of
services equipped to support the most critical missions.
Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach
shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other
Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify,
hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not
discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity
(except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification),
national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital
status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law.
CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Responsible for providing career technical training (CTT)
instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Work
as part of a training team in coordinating CTT instruction,
academic instruction, work-based learning and social development in
compliance with government, corporate, and management
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Provide students with CTT instruction in a designated area of
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training,
and/or study habits.
- Coordinate with other industry team members to resolve issues
affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons. Recommend curricula changes and
- Participate in student performance evaluations.Prepare required
documentation and evaluations.
- Administer and correct tests. Maintain progress and attendance
- Control use of supplies, materials, and equipment.Recommend
- Assist in developing community linkages and partnerships.
- Access and training students to use computers and applicable
- Monitor student progress in the program by ensuring compliance
with established Data Integrity guidelines.This includes the
accurate and timely reporting of student progress and skill
acquisition on Training Achievement Records (TARs), auditing of
active and terminated TARs, other documentation sensitive to Data
- Teach, model, and evaluate student employability skills.
- Develop and conduct enrichment program as assigned.
- Maintain accountability of students and property. Adhere to
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on Center which is free of
harassment, intimidation, and disrespect. Provide a safe place for
staff and students to work and learn.
- Promote student attainment of career success standards through
modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skill
acquisition, and intervening when inappropriate behavior is
- Transport students for training purposes as needed.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience & Professional
- Certified Licensed Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical
- Two (2) years' experience in the practice of nursing
- One (1) year experience in long-term care facility
- Completed a course in teaching adults or experience in teaching
adults or supervising nurse's aides.
- Successfully pass background check and drug test required on
- Current, valid driver's license and an acceptable driving
- State of Alaska teaching certificate