Providence is calling a Clinical Pharmacist (Pmg Midtown Primary
Care, Days, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in
Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers who are
delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care
that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care as a member
of the care team.
- Use critical thinking in performance of pharmaceutical care,
evaluating patients and delivery systems.
- Integrate with the primary care team.
- Communicate with team members, patients, leadership and
- Document patient and procedural information in a timely
- Educate patients about medications. Educates physicians,
clinical team and technicians.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college of pharmacy
- Current Alaska Pharmacy License
- Completion of Basic Life Support course within one month of
- Six (6) months experience in an applicable setting
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- PharmD -OR- Master's Degree in MS and residency
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty
care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Alaska in many
locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive
health care experience for each patient - one focused on trust,
respect, communication and teamwork.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best
employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on
Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has
honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to
promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers
(employees) and families to support and maintain healthy
lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence
Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for
high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure,
pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest
honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical
Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a
role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you
will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying
the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore