Patient Care Technician - St. Elias (.9 FTE, Day)
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Providence is calling a Patient Care Technician (Ip Rehab, Day
Shift, 0.9 FTE) to St Elias Specialty Hospital in Anchorage,
Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on
our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for
all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position, you will:
- Demonstrates understanding of and provides care according to
Standards of Practice and the patient's care plan. These duties are
under the direct supervision of a licensed RN and performed
according to the staff members expected competencies. Performs
duties that assist with activities of daily living such as bathing,
ambulating, and nourishment. Transports labs, obtain clean catch
and other types of urine samples, performs point-of-care testing to
include blood glucose, transports and/or escort patients, as well
as holds patients/infants for care or procedures.
- In appropriate areas: May assist with breastfeeding as a
trained Peer Counselor.
- Communicates effectively with the RN or other caregivers
regarding patient issues, family issues, MD issues, and equipment.
Utilizes the "Hand Off of Communication Tools, "SBAR". Communicates
in a compassionate and professional manner with all staff,
patients, families, providers, and visitors.
- Watches patients closely for changes in their health and
responds by informing RN immediately. Also reports problematic and
unusual circumstances in a timely and consistent manner, to RN
partner or charge nurse.
- Electronically documents information in an accurate, concise
and timely manner. Competent in the input and retrieval of this
information within the patient's medical record. Responsible for
documenting vital signs, I/Os, pain scores, weights, meal intake,
activities of daily living and any other necessary
- Possesses knowledge of the Hospital and National Patient Safety
- Uses at least two ways of identifying patients, name and date
- Uses hand cleaning guidelines, before and after patient
- Exercises all preventative measures in patient fall prevention
as outlined in PAMC Falls Prevention Policies and Procedures.
- Possesses knowledge of patient care needs for maintaining skin
integrity. Reports redness to Registered Nurse responsible for
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Medical Terminology course or Successful completion of hospital
Medical terminology test within 90 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completed training as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- 6 months health care experience
About St Elias Specialty Hospital
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best
employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on
Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has
honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to
promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers
(employees) and families to support and maintain healthy
St Elias Specialty Hospital provides full-service, comprehensive
care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state.
Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts,
kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many
reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Anchorage , Patient Care Technician - St. Elias (.9 FTE, Day), Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!