Specialist I, Customer Service Sales
Posted on: June 8, 2021
This role is customer facing and in the retail store. This does
not have the ability to work from home or virtually.
This role will be part of the initial contact team for customers
interested in our products and will be responsible for assisting
customers on line, over the phone, and chat to inform them of the
company's products. Assist customers who may be experiencing
technical difficulties by providing initial troubleshooting,
resolution, referral or escalation for each customer by using
diagnostic tests and other procedures to analyze and solve
technical issues with their Internet, Cable TV, Cellular Wireless
Phones, and Local Service.
Essential Duties of the Customer Services Sales Specialist:
Customer Focus and Sales:
With your extensive knowledge of the latest products, coupled
with your knowledge of the most competitive pricing plans
available, you will utilize your exceptional customer service and
sales skills to help customers select the best plan and product
that will suit their needs. Each interaction allows you to build
trust, educate your customers, and offer a variety of options and
solutions. You will assist customers in a professional manner by
providing the ultimate customer experience;
- Meet and exceed all performance and sales goals/metrics
- Identify and act upon opportunities to upsell additional
products and services to new and existing customers
- Create a first-class customer service experience
- Handle all customer service issues in a timely and professional
- Be enthusiastic and professional with your peers and our
- Respond to all customer service inquiries about our products
and services; Communicate effectively when handling customer
inquiries/complaints or when communicating with service in other
- Consult with customers in order to determine their needs
- Recommend the appropriate products and services
- Remain current and knowledgeable of all company products
including accessories, service plans, promotions, features and
- Attend on-going training on Company products, services and
- Maintain knowledge of competitor's offers and provide feedback
to management about the newest competitor pricing and offers.
- Cross-train within other sub-groups to strengthen network,
telephony, and computer related technical skills.
- Remain current regarding latest data/entertainment technology
and devices, such as Wi-Fi, data services, TV entertainment devices
Customer Focus, Sales and Technical Support:
- This position will receive inbound calls, manage service issues
from customers and escalate any issues appropriately in a
- Perform basic account maintenance and activities. - complete
systems maintenance and paperwork,
- Take appropriate action on accounts - complete all systems
maintenance and paperwork thoroughly, completely and
- Responsible for completing outbound follow up calls as
- Provide technical support or customer education inquires
verbally or in writing of company's service product(s) in a
professional and efficient manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry, products, services
and customer service activities. Promote sales, retain customers
and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communication Skills: demonstrated ability to listen
effectively and verbally communicate information regarding numerous
products and procedures provided by the company for customers
and/or interaction with service personnel; demonstrated ability to
accurately log verbally received information in written and/or
electronic format. Technical skills needed to provision and
troubleshoot. Excellent command of the English language required.
Multi-language speakers encouraged.
- Demonstrated knowledge of windows applications such as but not
limited to Excel, Word, Outlook and Access database applications.
Competent using technology based applications i.e., Internet, cell
phones, or equivalents.
- Ability to use a keyboard and 10-key calculator
- Demonstrated knowledge of Basic math and accounting with
ability to accurately process, reconcile and electronically track
cash transactions and prepare deposit slip information.
- Interpersonal Skills: must to able to work well with others
under stressful, time restricted conditions, displaying patience
and tolerance in order to relay and obtain information and create
and maintain positive rapport with customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, work well in a
team-oriented environment, and provide an excellent customer
- Ability to solve or escalate problems with a successful
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with
independent decision making.
- Adherence to Company policies and procedures regarding customer
service, product lines/campaigns/promotion, collections, design,
installation, repair, commercial accounts, associated billing
systems and databases, as provided and recommended.
- Ability to support and promote the GCI Declaration of
Principles, Basic Principles and Company Code of Business Conduct
and Ethics. Must be able to Adhere to company confidentiality,
proprietary and customer account information.
- Professional and respectful phone etiquette skills as well as a
positive, professional attitude in the workplace.
- Must reach and sustain pre-defined call handling goals on a
- Excellent verbal, written, and telephone communication skills
and the ability to explain technical activities to customers.
- Average 6 calls per hour
- Assist with customer Chats and e-mail.
- Respond in written format to customer e-mail requests
- Demonstrated skill in understanding Internet, LAN/WAN, or
This is an entry level position under direct supervision,
developing proficiency and understanding of the company's product
line, sales promotions, sales goals and pricing. Ability to
recognize deviation from procedures and confirms with senior staff
appropriate next steps. Performs routine work with detailed
instructions on assignments. Resolves simple, least sensitive
issues concerning customer service/account maintenance. Meets sales
goals. Directs more complex problems to senior team.
- Minimum of six months of experience in a customer service or
sales environment required; college courses in computer technology
or the Telecom industry may substitute for the experience.
Knowledgeable of telecommunication industry and/or company product
lines highly valuable.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. One year of higher
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly
valued and can contribute toward education. Microsoft or other IT
related certification preferred.
- Ability to perform sedentary and repetitive work. Physical
effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching,
standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping,
talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Ability to lift and carry
up to 20 lbs. Daily office tasks frequently involve operation of
standard office equipment, (phone, fax, copier), and computer and
processing of paperwork.
Working Conditions: Most activities conducted in office
environment under pleasant climatic conditions. Work can be intense
and stressful due to a high volume of customer interactions that
are sometimes emotionally charged.
Work can involve long periods using telephone and computer
terminals or the equivalents.
Position requires working a rotating flexible scheduled work
schedule up to and including; overtime, on-call, and/or additional
time on weekends, holiday, evenings, and/or additional time before
or after normal shift hours and at other company retail
A neat, clean, professional appearance; must be consistent,
reliable attendance by showing up for work as scheduled with a
positive enthusiastic attitude required.
work schedule and Working Conditions: Working in a cubical
environment at a desk with a computer and phone; sedentary
position, sitting for extended periods of time. Need to
continuously wear a headset for customer calls; continuous typing
and use of a mouse; subject to upset customers and/or vendors. Work
can be intense and stressful due to time/resource limitations when
scheduling multiple tasks with inflexible deadlines. Call Center
environment Workstation sharing between shifts Flexible work
schedules to include weekend and holiday work hours. Must be 18
years of age or older due to adult programming product line.
The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment
providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to
public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due
to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal
business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. As such, you
will be required to provide emergency after hours contact numbers,
to include your home and cell phone numbers if you have those
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain
a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and a satisfactory
driving record. Occasional use of personal vehicle may be required
to travel to other company facilities.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
another characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GCI, Anchorage , Specialist I, Customer Service Sales, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!