Company: Chugach Alaska Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business
services in the global market. We offer an exciting work
environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of
the government through a long-range program of business planning,
training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division
of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original
Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims
Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska
Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of
services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience
in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively
innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our
customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense
installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS
locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries
specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services,
construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of
services equipped to support the most critical missions.
Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach
shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other
Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify,
hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not
discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity
(except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification),
national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital
status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law.
CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Assists Cook with meal preparation in accordance with preplanned
menus within established budgets, and in compliance with government
and management directives. Acts as lead worker for Culinary Arts
Trainees and Center Work-Based Learning students.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Prepares vegetables by washing, peeling, coring, grinding,
shredding, or chopping, for use in entrees.
- Prepares meats for cooking by washing, trimming, boning,
cutting, cubing, or forming into patties or loaves.
- Cooks or bakes items, which require minimum preparation.
- Helps cook and serve meals, ensuring that prepared foods are
held and served at proper temperatures, and all left over foods are
properly chilled and stored.
- Keeps food service area, tables, floors, and equipment clean
- Prepares desserts as needed.
- Assists with the appropriate storage of dry goods and freezer
- Maintains accountability of students and property; adheres to
safety practices and OSHA standards.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate on Center, which is free of
harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place
for staff and students to work and learn.
- Promotes student attainment of career success standards through
modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skills
acquisition and intervening when inappropriate behavior is
- Promote and cultivate positive customer service.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional
- High school diploma or equivalent and six months experience in
the food industry.
- Must be able to obtain a Food Handler's certificate within 30
days of employment.
- Successfully pass background check and drug test.
- Previous experience in a commercial or institutional
Keywords: Chugach Alaska Corporation, Anchorage , Assistant Cook, Other , Palmer, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!