Company: Matson Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Matson, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the
symbol MATX. Founded in 1882, Matson is one of the leading U.S.
ocean shipping and logistics companies in the Pacific and provides
a vital lifeline to the remote economies of Hawaii, Alaska, Guam,
Micronesia and select South Pacific islands. It operates a premium,
expedited service from China to Southern California. Established in
1987, Matson subsidiary Matson Logistics extends the geographic
reach of Matson's transportation network throughout the continental
U.S with integrated, asset-light logistics services including rail
intermodal, highway brokerage and warehousing.
This position is an office relief clerk or a casual worker. The
duties include but are not limited to accounting, payroll, customer
service, gatehouse, file room, rates department and any other
office tasks as assigned.
Please note that this is a casual position as defined by the
Collective Bargaining Agreement. Casual employees currently work 40
hours per week, but there is no guarantee of hours. In addition, as
a casual employee, you do not have the opportunity to accrue sick
time or personal time, but will receive contributions to the
Pension and Health and Welfare plan. You will receive 1 week of
vacation after 1 year of employment.
The current rate of pay is $23.00 per hour and will increase based
on the contract. In addition, future permanent clerical employees
are hired from the casual worker position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to learn many
different aspects of the operation.
* Ability to perform customer service function in a professional
and courteous manner.
* Ability to read and follow the outlined SOP for each operational
* Ability to multi-task and perform various functions, with
emphasis on attention to detail, as needed throughout the day.
* Ability to work within a team environment.
* Ability to follow direction.
* Must have accountability for performance and initiative to ask
* Previous experience in an office position
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
* Previous experience in accounting and or customer service is
* Valid Alaska driver's license
* Ability to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
* Maintain membership in the Union
* Lifting up to 10 pounds on your own
* Sitting for up to 50 minutes per hour
* Standing for up to 30 minutes per hour
* Walking for up to 20 minutes per hour
Keywords: Matson Inc, Anchorage , Union Clerical, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!