Business Systems Analyst (Laboratory)
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling a Business Systems Analyst (Laboratory)
(Lab Outreach Admin, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska
Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of
caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide
compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those
who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Coordinates and implements applications/database software
changes in an optimal manner to minimize the effect on production
and development activities.
- Coordinates integrated system update installations and
production management activities involving vendor support and
- Acts as a resource for user applications and designs questions
for all existing and proposed information systems.
- Documents departmental workflow, system designs and procedures.
Designs and documents the general functional requirements and
detailed technical specifications for an application/database.
- Maintains existing applications and analyzes/evaluates the
requirements for new or modified applications/database. Provides
technical direction, guidance, and assistance during project
development and accomplishes all required formal sign-offs.
Maintains related support tools, including database installation
and testing programs according to standards and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with laboratory methodologies, standards,
procedures and business practices. Assists customers with quality
assurance (testing) and documentation of testing results through
standard procedures and processes.
- Analyzes and designs administrative and application report
requests using reporting tools and database structures.
- Provides emergency support and acts as an on-call resource for
resolving computer operational issues and questions. Participates
in the on-call support rotation which requires the need to carry a
- Implements care/service that recognizes age specific
needs/issues of customers served.
- Completes initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or Healthcare or
Business related field
- 2 years experience in Laboratory setting or Information Systems
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Healthcare or Business
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best
employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on
Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has
honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to
promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers
(employees) and families to support and maintain healthy
lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence
Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for
high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure,
pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest
honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical
Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a
role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you
will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying
the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Anchorage , Business Systems Analyst (Laboratory), Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!