Company: Phillips Scales
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Phillips Scales is Alaska's leading distributor of commercial
and industrial scales. As an employer, we value our employees input
and look for opportunities to contribute to their long-term success
and advancement. Currently, we are looking for Service
Technicians 1 and 2 to join our dedicated team of
professionals. Your main responsibilities will include working with
customers to understand their needs and offering them solutions to
meet those needs. You will perform a variety of duties that are
required to adequately maintain industrial scales, including:
service and maintenance, calibration, inspection, installation, and
troubleshooting as needed. This role involves extensive travel
throughout the State of Alaska on a regular basis. If you are a
hard worker who is looking for a position that can be a life-long
career, then you should consider applying. This is an amazing
opportunity for someone who is looking for a long-term position
that offers a very competitive compensation package.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Communicate in a professional manner
at all times and provide exceptional customer service.
- Troubleshoot standard scale systems,
determine faults, and identify necessary actions for repair.
- Create and quote necessary repairs on
- Work with sales to quote equipment
- Calibrate equipment at customer's
facilities and analyze equipment operation to determine if the
equipment is operating within specifications.
- Calibrate all weighing equipment
described in other positions with the addition of belt scales.
- Make corrective actions or perform
repairs as required to bring equipment into working order and into
- Plan daily travel to maximize
effectiveness with scheduled work, as well as prioritize and switch
- Maintain a good rapport with
customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, and
suggesting improved methods or techniques.
- Document service and installation
actions by completing forms, reports, log, stickers, and records
neatly and completely.
- Work overtime during the week and be
available for on call emergency service after normal working hours
and on weekends
- One year of electronics education or
- High school diploma or
- Must demonstrate mechanical
- CDL, or the ability and willingness
to get one in a timely manner.
- Willingness to travel throughout
Alaska often and as needed.
- Must be able to lift and love up to
50 pounds through a full range of motion.
- You must be able to pass a background
check and drug screening.
Phillips Scales is an Equal
*We are currently offering up to a $2,500.00 signing bonus!!
$500.00 will be paid after two fully completed pay periods,
$1,000.00 after 180 days of employment and an additional $1,000.00
after being with the company for a full year.
Keywords: Phillips Scales, Anchorage , Service Technician, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!