Company: ASRC Federal Holding Company
Posted on: May 3, 2021
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Operate and maintain the ISS2 Information Management System
(IMS) and government NIPRNET. Assess, evaluate and implement all
automated data processing equipment (ADPE) requirements. Assist
management with the development and maintenance of relational
database programs for users and all procedures for operation and
maintenance of the IMS.
- Operate and maintain an unclassified IMS consisting of desktop
and portable computers and associated operating systems and
software applications, file servers, electronic mail servers, and
routing equipment for the ISS2 project. Assist base Network Control
Center (NCC) personnel in the maintenance of government NIPRNET
- Ensure network and computer security patches and antivirus
updates are installed and configured to meet Government and
commercial standards for information assurance objectives.
- Ensure that software applications installed on Government and
Company IMS computers and servers comply with Air Force and Company
policies for approved software. Remove upon discovery any
unapproved software, unlicensed software, shareware, or freeware
from IMS computers.
- Diagnose, repair, or replace defective components to the module
level on assorted equipment in a timely manner.
- Implement and maintain a data backup procedure for shared
- Ensure management is advised of any system degradation or
- Assist with the development of database programs, user
interfaces, reports, and data products to support end-users.
- Assist in the development and maintain a hardware and software
- Advise management of necessary and future computer and network
- Be familiar with company publications, policies and procedures,
and the systems, procedures, and equipment applicable to the job
- Provide operator training to IMS users to include "hands-on"
training covering any new or upgraded IMS, including new
- Make available to all system users complete and current
application and system user documentation when available.
- Perform administrative duties and maintain assigned workplace,
materials, and equipment in a safe, secure and neat condition.
- Work cooperatively and constructively with customers, third
party representatives and Company personnel as required.
- Perform other applicable duties as assigned.
- Must be a US citizen or US national and have the ability to
obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Common Access Card
- A degree in computer science or related subject matter. A
combination of specialized vocational training and experience in
maintaining computer systems or networks may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- At least three years combined experience and proficiency in the
- Systems administration of Microsoft network and desktop
operating systems, including installation, updates, and
- Database administration with emphasis on Microsoft Access and
Microsoft SQL server programming and administration.
- Customer support, including installation and training in
Microsoft Windows operating systems and the Microsoft office
- Application development with Microsoft .net framework
- VMWare 6.x and Tegile knowledge a plus
- Detailed knowledge of computer applications including word
processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), and electronic mail
- Positive, professional customer service attitude with the
ability to represent the Company in contract related matters to the
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
in a diverse environment.
- Experience with computer routing and switching equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and cloud
- In-depth experience with remote communications hardware and
- Ability to travel in aircraft and remain overnight at the
remote locations associated with the ISS2 project.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color,
age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin,
religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by
Keywords: ASRC Federal Holding Company, Anchorage , System Administrator, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!