Community Health Worker RN
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Community Health
Worker (Community Health Workers, Variable, 1.0 FTE) to Providence
Health System in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of
caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide
compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those
who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Perform comprehensive individual and family assessments which
include health history, physical assessment, growth monitoring,
developmental assessment,psycho-social assessment, assessment of
family functioning, assessment for substance abuse or domestic
violence issues, and assessment of basic needs including food,
housing, income, resources and supports, and access to health
- Practice infection control and universal precautions for self
and others in patient care activities.
- Maintain patient rights and dignity.
- Annually completes compliance education and understands
- Meet the productivity standards of the organization
- Provide care coordination, referral and follow-up to
individuals and families who are members of a vulnerable population
and/or high-risk groups. Evaluates outcomes, effectiveness of plan,
and makes changes as necessary in conjunction with the Community
- Use public health surveillance/disease investigation methods in
community outreach, screening, and case finding of communicable and
infectious diseases that threaten the health of the community.
- Provide education and counseling to individuals, families and
community groups that are adapted to their unique needs, lifestyle,
cultural and socio-economic situation.
- Collaborate in development and delivery of programs and
activities for individuals, families and population groups that
promote health and prevent disease
- Participate in response teams to prevent, minimize, and contain
adverse health events and conditions resulting from communicable
diseases; food-, water-, and vector-borne outbreaks; chronic
diseases; environmental hazards; injuries; and health
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters ongoing
educational experiences regarding public health nursing for
colleagues, nursing and other health-related students, healthcare
professionals and members of the community.
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable state professional practice
guidelines for registered professional nurses, the American Nurses'
Association Scope and Standards of Practice for Public Health
Nursing any other Federal and State laws and regulations applicable
to practice as an public health nursing professional.
- Provide clinical oversight to Community Health Workers in their
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Valid Alaska RN license
- Current Driver's license and current automobile liability
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Two (2) years public health nursing experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with EHR
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)/Incident Command
System (ICS) 100, 200 and 700.a certification
- Fluency (medical language) in a language other than
- Breastfeeding support at either the peer counselor or IBCLC
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best
employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on
Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has
honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to
promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers
(employees) and families to support and maintain healthy
lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence
Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for
high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure,
pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest
honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical
Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a
role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you
will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying
the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Anchorage , Community Health Worker RN, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!