Company: Alaska Sea Life
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is responsible for analyzing technological needs
and implementing solutions, training staff, and providing network,
software, and end user computer support at the Alaska SeaLife
- B.S. in Computer Science and minimum of 5 years network support
experience or High School diploma or GED and, industry
certifications such as A+ or Network+ and minimum of eight years
experience with PC hardware and software.
- Must have good troubleshooting and repair skills, be able to
provide technical support and hardware/software support to LAN/WAN
- Must have experience in support of LAN hardware and software
and analog to digital conversion, extensive working knowledge of
desktop/laptop PC installation, configuration, and problem
- Must be proficient in the configuration of desktop and laptops
including: Current Windows O/S, MS Networking, Google Apps, MS
Office, virus protection, network administration, Windows Server,
DNS, TCP/IP, and DHCP. One workstation level certification from
Microsoft, Website maintenance experience and/or Microsoft
Certified Professional certification preferred.
- Analyzes technological needs and implements appropriate
solutions. Maintains a high level of knowledge on current and
emerging technologies and recommends enhancements.
- Determines the hardware and software needs and purchases
products ensuring competitive pricing. Reviews proposed computer
related purchases for compatibility with existing systems and
compliance with standards. Works with vendors to assure compliance
with contracts and provides required support.
- Provides technical support for all the data processing
equipment and implement enhancements as required.
Provides/maintains procedure for tracking user requests and
problems assuring timely resolution and notification.
- Supervises personnel matters within the IT Division. Assigns
and checks work, establishes schedules, sets deadlines, and
delegates authority. Sets performance standards for staff. Prepares
annual performance evaluations. Makes personnel related
recommendations to the COO.
- Ensures proper control and administration of all assigned
resources including I. T. equipment, supplies, and purchasing
authorities. Maintains cost-effective oversight of I.T.
- Assists the Chief Operating Officer with preparing the I.T.
component of the annual budget. Monitors expenditures in the I.T.
division to ensure budget compliance.
- Provides leadership and direction for the Alaska SeaLife
Centers network and systems security.
- Develops sound strategic plans to manage operational
- Ensures all I.T. personnel are properly trained and equipped
for their assigned tasks and conducts or arranges for training as
necessary to carry out the Departments objectives.
- Configures and troubleshoots desktop and laptop computers.
- Provides support for PC software (such as MSOffice, current
Windows OS, Email, Acrobat, anti-virus) and general desktop
- Provides support for network systems (such as MS Networking,
Windows Server, TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP), and network
- Provides support for cloud-based apps (such as Google Apps,
Office 365, DocuSign, and Blackbaud/Altru), and cloud
- Provides computer related training to ASLC employees and
- Assists the HR department with network user profiles and
security maintenance adding and deleting users from network and
- Maintains software and hardware inventory library, including
- Assists in the development and compliance of various
computer-related policies and procedures.
- Provides oversight and general maintenance of the public
website(s) and internal intranet.
- Monitors and updates for virus protection.
- Monitors network systems: backup, email, disk space, and
- Works with consulting firms to identify and resolve
- Provides onsite and telephone support for end user issues such
as email and network access, including after-hours response as
required in emergencies.
- Supports and troubleshoots network and standalone
- Provides support and maintenance for internal telephone
- Fosters good relations with visitors, volunteers, community
leaders, contractors, and fellow staff members by promoting
positive attitudes, good will, cooperation, and providing high
standards of service.
- Complies with all Alaska SeaLife Center policies, procedures,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and as part of a
team, work with outside networking consultants, and manage time
under pressure. Ability to speak and write effectively be
comfortable meeting new people and interfacing with diverse
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Alaska Sea Life, Anchorage , I.T. Manager, Other , Seward, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!