Demand Planner - Anchorage
Company: Food Services of America
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Food Services of America
Demand Planner - AnchorageUS-AK-AnchorageJob ID: 2Type: F T REG# of
Openings: 1Category: PurchasingFood Services of AmericaOverview The
Demand Planner (DP) will be responsible for maintaining accurate
forecasts in DPR to meet customer service level expectations, while
meeting individual performance goals The DP will be in direct
contact with our sales force and category managers to ensure
accurate forecasts in DPR and to plan for seasonal demand, event
demand, and lost and new customer demand on vendors that are
purchased by CPOM. US Foods is looking for qualified candidates to
join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor,
US Foods treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our
most important resource. Our growth provides Associates
opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team!
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every
measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and
customers. From using sanitized interview rooms and social
distancing to providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab
interiors. Our safe workplace efforts include COVID-19 Wellness
Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in
select locations in our production facilities. We're also providing
robust support to our customers, from webinars and one-on-one
consults with our experts to detailed reopening materials. US Foods
is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19
relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more
here . Responsibilities
- Daily review of the following reports: Buyer Sales Analysis,
Buyer Out of Stock, Out of Stock Query, Special orders returned/not
shipped and Potential Revalue.
- Daily review of Orders to Expedite to include communication to
CPOM coordinator or sourcing product.
- Review items with order checks (Service checks, Plan checks,
Forward Buy checks, etc).
- Processing stocking requests - New item set up in ERP and
- Allocation - at least 3 times per day following the Allocation
- Entering Plans and Promotions for unusual future demand that
will not reoccur
- Maintain accurate item forecasts in DPR. Use various reports,
DPR functions, and allocation to identify items with unusual
demand. Communicate with Sales and Category Management to obtain
revised forecasts from customers. Communicate with CPOM
Coordinators as needed to update vendor setup or adjust order
- Special orders - review/maintenance items and move to
Approved/Pending for CPOM Coordinator to purchase on the next order
for that vendor.
- Place purchase orders and process invoices for drop shipment
orders - (orders direct from vendor to our end customer).
- Discontinue items in ERP/DPR by working with Category
Management and Sales, using the close out/replacement standard that
is in place.
- Activate new vendors in ERP including contact information,
warehouse address and correct vendor lead time.
- Item reserve changes on special orders requested from sales
(this may be handled by sales at some locations).
- Review and maintenance items with forecasting exceptions
(Mondays) by communicating with sales as needed.
- Review Price change report (Thursdays) to determine if any
future price change dates need to be deleted or changed based on
inventory levels or other future price change dates for that
- Manage aged inventory by working with sales, category
management, vendors and brokers to eliminate excess or dead
inventory, including processing vendor returns.
- Manage items with shelf life. Enter shelf life on items in ERP
and run expiring pallets report to identify potential issues. Work
with Sales, Category Management, Vendors and Brokers to move
product out of the warehouse. Work with Operations to dump product,
- Maintain Seasonal Profiles by reviewing SKU Alerts, updating
item history, and soliciting sales input, as needed.
- Run Forecasting Accuracy and Layered Inventory reports to
review forecasting performance. Identify underperforming items and
communicate with Sales and Category Management to obtain more
- Review hold outs, frozen forecasts, Watch items and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline is preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Able to manage the forecasting and demand functions for
multiple product categories
- Has strong communication skills and possesses a high degree of
professionalism to build relationships with our sales
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated with the
ability to function with very little direction and input in high
volume, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to identify issues, problem solve, and follow
- Purchasing experience in food service is preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications,
preferably Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Exercise sound judgment and display initiative and innovation
on the job
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test EOE
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Keywords: Food Services of America, Anchorage , Demand Planner - Anchorage, Other , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!