Providence is calling an RN to Providence Alaska Medical Center
in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering
every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is
accessible for all - especially those who are poor and
Openings include full-time, part-time and per-diem (on-call)
positions as well as multiple shifts. This posting is not a
specific job vacancy. This posting serves to establish interested
candidates for current or future opportunities for Registered Nurse
positions in the Intensive Care Unit and various shifts at
Providence Alaska Medical Center.
n this position you will:
• Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient’s care
to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
• Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote
the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we
• Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing,
and other members of the healthcare team including students.
• Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for
safety, identify and correct problems.
• Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture
of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and
evidence based practice.
• Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and
collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional
care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
• All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN)
degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire. RNs with
20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
• Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of
hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate
license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must
adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of
• Certifications required at time of hire
• Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Advanced Cardio Life Support (ACLS)
• 12 months acute care experience working with the patient
population similar to department of hire or completion of the
specialty residency at the Alaska Medical Center
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
• Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification
Check out our website for more information and to apply.