Banquet Captain Full time
Company: The Lakefront Anchorage
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Banquet Captain/Supervisor is responsible for supervising and assisting with the set-up, service and clean-up of all assigned banquet functions.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Inspect the set-up of meeting and banquet functions, checking them against the Banquet Event Order.
- Supervise and assist with the set-up of assigned catered functions, ensuring that the hotel's standards are met, and advance preparation for service is adequate to allow efficient service to the guest once the function begins.
- Act as liaison between Sales/Catering Manager and the in-house meeting or banquet contact.
- Respond to guests needs in a timely manner. Communicate problems/issues to the Banquet Manager, Banquet Supervisor, or the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Assist Banquet Manager/Supervisor/F&B Manager with the creation of the Banquet Work Schedule and completion of Banquet Wage Progress Reports.
- Assist in service of functions as required.
- Requisition liquor for all banquet bars and maintain proper control over banquet beverage service.
- Supervise and assist with the break down after the completion of functions to ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
- Inspect the sanitation of all function space and storage areas to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and organization throughout the department.
- Follow all state liquor laws.
- Be familiar with banquet menus and prices.
- Supervise banquet staff as directed by Banquet Manager/Supervisor/F&B Manager.
- Hold pre-function meetings, and check staffing and menus, prior to events.
- Assign side-work duties and stations to all servers.
- Supervise service of station or banquet room.
- Prepare banquet checks and obtain signatures from guest contacts.
- Monitor ongoing functions throughout assigned shift.
- Supervise the breakdown and cleanup of all functions assigned.
- Verify server's paperwork when event is complete.
- Prepare accurate captains' reports.
- Assist Banquet Manager/Supervisor/F&B Manager with the hiring and training of banquet staff.
- Assist in set up of audio/visual, as necessary.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Keywords: The Lakefront Anchorage, Anchorage , Banquet Captain Full time, Hospitality & Tourism , Anchorage, Alaska
here to apply!