WHOLESALE CUSTOMER SERVICE I
Company: Alaska Mill Feed and Garden Center
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job purpose This position will assist both the sales and
operations departments as needed. Employee will answer phones,
place orders for customers daily, and fulfills walk-in requests.
Employee may also assist in other sales and operational duties as
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides customer service to wholesale deliveries, and
will-call, bush and walk-in customers.
- Courteously receiving customer requests for price quotations,
purchase orders, order changes or adjustments and
- Performs data entry. 10 key and data input accuracy are a
- Evaluates invoices to check for accuracy of order and prices
and adjusts as applicable.
- Checks and monitors accounts for past due and over-limit
- Monitors out-of-stock items using lost sales function and
reports inventory problems.
- Coordinates all paperwork flow between warehouse and office,
including invoicing, tracing, and filing.
- Supports warehouse operations manager in verifying accuracy of
- Handles out-going mail, including Fed-Ex, UPS, USPS. Ensures
accurate postage and fees are applied.
- Updates order guides, calls customers to check on daily orders,
and places courtesy calls to customers.
- Provides administrative support to upper-level
- Assists salespersons with communication of customer's needs,
administrative tasks, and any special projects.
- Maintains professional relationships with customers and fellow
- Performs other job-related job tasks, work assignments and/or
special projects as directed/assigned by Management.
- Associates degree preferred, or 3 years plus experience office
work or equivalent training or certification required.
- Sales and/or customer service experience is essential.
- Experience with wholesale distribution is a plus.
- Experience with logistics inside and outside of Alaska is a
- Must have excellent interpersonal human relations and teaming
- Must be quick and accurate with figures, attentive to detail,
able to multi-task and have good follow through.
- Must be skilled in time management and capable of meeting
scheduled deadlines. Strong organizational and communication
skills, with attention to detail and ability to prioritize are
- Must have excellent phone and PC skills-especially Microsoft
Office Suite. Position requires 10-key by touch, plus type 55+ wpm
with proficiency and accuracy. Experience with any POS system is a
- The successful candidate will be outgoing and prefer to work in
a busy environment.
- Demonstrate customer services skills, ability to relate
effectively and tactfully with all levels of the organization.
Keywords: Alaska Mill Feed and Garden Center, Anchorage , WHOLESALE CUSTOMER SERVICE I, Hospitality & Tourism , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!