Company: Alyeska Resort
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionExecutive ChefResponsible for all culinary
functions, include all restaurants, banquets, outlets & off sight
catering. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes.
Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the
department. Maintain highest professional food quality and
sanitation standards. Role qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the Resort keeping within
the identity of each venue.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other
kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and
technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and
safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing
training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and
accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation
and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and
to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items
served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget;
projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual
financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help
assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high
standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food
production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in
maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related
goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure
quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to
reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance
schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities
for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service
lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all
- Perform other duties as directed. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline all
employees in the department.
- Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work
- Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly
professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of
all employees in areas of responsibility. Why Alyeska?Alaska is an
incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where
residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit.
Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees
are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share
their enthusiasm with our guests.Offering year-round and seasonal
opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and
exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort
professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski
area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current
career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking
great talent.Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career
opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time
employees• Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)•
Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents• Roth
401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan• Discounts for rooms at
The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels• Discounts in Resort
restaurants, shops, and fitness center/poolEssential skills and
experience:LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read, analyzes, and interprets
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, committees, suppliers, members, and
employees.COMPUTER SKILLSWorking knowledge of various computer
software programs.MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to calculate figures
and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra.REASONING ABILITYAbility to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
form.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSCertificate of completion
from trade school. Serve Safe, AK Driver's License.Physical demands
and work environment: The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle,
or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to
reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Visual ability to
observe employees in the workplace, analyze operations and detect
situations of concern with regard to areas such as employee
performance, grooming, training and policy adherence. Employee may
be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess
current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in
the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for
currently available positions only, and does not accept
applications for "general employment." Preference may be given to
local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
Keywords: Alyeska Resort, Anchorage , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Anchorage, Alaska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!